Police filmed kicking man's head at airport

2 hours ago, redruby said:

The very fact you are writing about a violent thug ‘schooling coppers’ is very concerning.

And the fact that on at least a couple of occasions you’ve said you think the police were taking an opportunity to ‘rough up’ these men.  There’s no evidence for that.  Yes, the policeman who kicked the man was wrong but a series of events led to that (and to be clear that’s not excusing the police officer stamping/kicking, it’s a reason and clarifying that this didn’t happen in isolation).

It feels like you’re twisting it to suggest the police wanted to beat the man because he is Asian and they were strong, brave, tough men for fighting back.  
If someone from my cultural background/community commits a crime, I call them out, not make excuses.

Therein lies the problem.

• Like 4

19 hours ago, The_DADDY said:

'Schooled' 🙄

I didn't even know what it meant, in context. I had to look it up. As far as I could see, it appears to mean 'taught a lesson'. Language changes over time, and some of the new additions can be irritating. This one is, for me at least.

6 minutes ago, Draggletail said:

I didn't even know what it meant, in context. I had to look it up. As far as I could see, it appears to mean 'taught a lesson'. Language changes over time, and some of the new additions can be irritating. This one is, for me at least.

I assumed he meant the thug in question had taught the police officer his times tables and when to use apostrophes.

• Haha 4

3 hours ago, Al Bundy said:

Oh please.

It's there for all to see.  You can even condone the scumbags assault without mentioning the policeman's behaviour.

Coward.

Mafya doesn't agree with bad attitudes whoever exhibits them,  personally he seems to post like a 'devil's advocate' tbf.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, cressida said:

Mafya doesn't agree with bad attitudes whoever exhibits them,  personally he seems to post like a 'devil's advocate' tbf.

Maybe so, but all that stuff about ‘schooling coppers’ and suggesting the police wanted to ‘rough up’ those men just because they’re Asian  is taking being a ‘devils advocate’ too far.  If indeed that’s what it was.  It’s actually quite divisive and reinforces stereotypes.

7 hours ago, Al Bundy said:

Oh please.

It's there for all to see.  You can even condone the scumbags assault without mentioning the policeman's behaviour.

Coward.

Who you calling coward? Typical beh@viour expected from you nothing to come back with so you att@ck the poster!

15 hours ago, redruby said:

The very fact you are writing about a violent thug ‘schooling coppers’ is very concerning.

And the fact that on at least a couple of occasions you’ve said you think the police were taking an opportunity to ‘rough up’ these men.  There’s no evidence for that.  Yes, the policeman who kicked the man was wrong but a series of events led to that (and to be clear that’s not excusing the police officer stamping/kicking, it’s a reason and clarifying that this didn’t happen in isolation).

It feels like you’re twisting it to suggest the police wanted to beat the man because he is Asian and they were strong, brave, tough men for fighting back.  
If someone from my cultural background/community commits a crime, I call them out, not make excuses.

Where have I said it is because they are Asian that the coppers wanted to rough them up?

There are some coppers out there on a power trip that do rough you up regardless of race and I’m currently awaiting compensation for being roughed up and wrongly arrested but not because I was Asian but because the police did not do their job properly as the suspect they wanted was of a different height and build type to me.