Fury as child rapist is allowed to compete in the Olympic Games

2 minutes ago, ECCOnoob said:

Out of curiosity, just how would you have handled this situation. 

I don't really want to go too far into it but we had a situation like this. We had to involve the police and it wasn't pleasant. 

It's all in the past now but we learned some valuable lessons. 

6 minutes ago, melthebell said:

so by that reasoning, Government agencies can break peoples right to privacy as long as its for a good reason?

I don't see that as the same thing at all.

Problem is , some young girls , dress & do their makeup in a way that makes them look older than they are & when they are on a platform like Facebook , ( who in my opinion have a very poor way of policing who sets up accounts ) , this is what happens . Why was she on her own in the house ? Where were her parents ? .  He obviously took advantage of the situation , & thought with his other organ rather than with his brain . The whole situation is so wrong .  Some people who are in the Public eye think they are above the law , so I am glad he got punished . Parents should also take responsibility for young ones actions while they are on these platforms . 

14 minutes ago, lavery549@yahoo said:

Problem is , some young girls , dress & do their makeup in a way that makes them look older than they are & when they are on a platform like Facebook , ( who in my opinion have a very poor way of policing who sets up accounts ) , this is what happens . Why was she on her own in the house ? Where were her parents ? .  He obviously took advantage of the situation , & thought with his other organ rather than with his brain . The whole situation is so wrong .  Some people who are in the Public eye think they are above the law , so I am glad he got punished . Parents should also take responsibility for young ones actions while they are on these platforms . 

Fifty years ago girls would have dressed modestly, as Muslims do, but these days anything goes.

• Like 1

On 25/07/2024 at 23:13, ECCOnoob said:

We are not talking some 50-year-old man getting into bed with some toddler here.  It was a 7-year age gap at the time of the incident.  

Why do you make a distinction regarding age? Rape is rape.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Draggletail said:

Why do you make a distinction regarding age? Rape is rape.

No there are several categories.   

In this instance statutory rape due to the age.  Age is the factor here as is the issue of the circumstances and potential consent and awareness.   

It's not simply black and white.  If it was, every single defendant in a rape charge would be automatically whacked with a life sentence.   The sexual offences act 2003 has all sorts of clauses and variables. 

Edited by ECCOnoob