Fury as child rapist is allowed to compete in the Olympic Games

7 minutes ago, The_DADDY said:

My bold.

She was 12. She couldn't consent. 

Under the statue no. Hence "statutory rape" you know, the thing he got punished, sentenced and served this time for. 

But are you going to look the circumstances and tell me she didn't know what she was doing. I'm certain the courts would have done hence why mitigation and the circumstances will have been applied to the punishment he received and why it is arguable its unjust for him to continue to be punished now he has served the mandated time and is a free man. 

All goes back to what I've been trying to say throughout. It is not simple black and white when it comes to punishment and rehabilitation. The second part being the key.  

• Like 1

Just now, ECCOnoob said:

You really need to read all my posts in context.

I have.

Read this in context. 

Man in Holland grooms a 14 year old in England, gets on a plane and flies over to have sex with her, he knows her age before setting off.

Paedophile, Nonce, Groomer.

No excuse for his actions.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, ECCOnoob said:

Under the statue no. Hence "statutory rape" you know, the thing he got punished, sentenced and served this time for. 

Snipped 

Yes, he got 14 months iirc. 

6 minutes ago, ECCOnoob said:

But are you going to look the circumstances and tell me she didn't know what she was doing. I'm certain the courts would have done hence why mitigation and the circumstances will have been applied to the punishment he received and why it is arguable its unjust for him to continue to be punished now he has served the mandated time and is a free man. 

All goes back to what I've been trying to say throughout. It is not simple black and white when it comes to punishment and rehabilitation. The second part being the key.  

My bold.

100% irrelevant. 

She was a child.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Alextopman said:

I have.

Read this in context. 

Man in Holland grooms a 14 year old in England, gets on a plane and flies over to have sex with her, he knows her age before setting off.

Paedophile, Nonce, Groomer.

No excuse for his actions.

Literally no one is excusing it