Fury as child rapist is allowed to compete in the Olympic Games

1 minute ago, The_DADDY said:

Why? I waited until I was 18, my 'first' girlfriend was 20 at the time.

I guess I was raised different eh? 

Perhaps you did,but many didn’t and still don’t.

Hormones and opportunity kick in for different people at different times.

A relationship between a couple of kids of similar age is far different from the sexual assault by a supposed adult on a child.

Like it or not there are degrees of criminality.

Just now, RJRB said:

Perhaps you did,but many didn’t and still don’t.

Hormones and opportunity kick in for different people at different times.

A relationship between a couple of kids of similar age is far different from the sexual assault by a supposed adult on a child.

Like it or not there are degrees of criminality.

He was 19.

She was 12. What more is there to be said? 

He's a convicted child rapist.

If you're OK with that then fine. I'm not however. 

7 minutes ago, RJRB said:

Snipped 

Snipped 

They weren't a couple of kids of similar age. He was 19 and she was TWELVE!! 

He was an adult and she was a child!

Edited by The_DADDY
  • Like 3

43 minutes ago, ECCOnoob said:

Hmmmm.  So this 12 year old girl 'totally, innocent' and 'totally unaware of what she was doing' posted pictures in a public internet forum clearly provocative enough to attract attention from a 19-year-old male in a different country, she proceeded to engage in dialogue with him for 4 months across three different platforms despite knowing his age, she arranged with him to attend her address which she disclosed to him, she was there when he attended despite her mother not being in the house, she spent the evening with him before the first act of sex which she participated in without force and she allowed him to return to her house the next day....

I'm not buying this one sidedness here.  This is statutory rape. This was not forced. This was not drugged. Age is the only factor here.

His punishment is for the underage sex. That is what his sentence was for. That is what he's now served. 

In my opinion, there is a huge distance between something like this present case and a serial paedophile who is sexually assaulting with young toddlers and has a hard drive full of images. 

Like I said, if the culprit was 17 years old and the victim 15 years old, the eyes of the law are just the same, but do we think we'll be having this mass outrage if that was those circumstances.

She was a 12 year old Child, he was a 19 year old Man.

He knew her age so should have known not to go near her invited or not.

Would you talk to a 12 year old for months on the internet then fly to another country for sex with the person?.

If your answer is no then you're defence of him makes no sense.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, The_DADDY said:

He was 19.

She was 12. What more is there to be said? 

He's a convicted child rapist.

If you're OK with that then fine. I'm not however. 

I am not “OK” with it as you put it.

It’s a far more complex business than that with different shades of culpability.

You are a great defender of a guy who openly encourages the abuse of women so no moral judgement from you thank you.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, RJRB said:

I am not “OK” with it as you put it.

It’s a far more complex business than that with different shades of culpability.

Snipped 

He was a 19 year old man.

He raped a 12 year old girl.

Nothing complex about it. Why are you trying to say there is?

4 minutes ago, The_DADDY said:

They weren't a couple of kids of similar age. He was 19 and she was TWELVE!! 

He was an adult and she was a child!

We know. No need to shout. 

But as people are trying to get into your head, there are nuances with these things. 

Plenty of 12-year-old girls are very mature and are desperately acting much older because they want to be with boys. Some of them unfortunately even become pregnant at a very early age. 

Equally, plenty of 19 year-old 'adult' boys are extremely immature, naive and still have the brains in their genitals.  

For the final time, nobody is excusing the statutory rape. That was the reason for his sentence and punishment. That is not being disputed. 

What is up for debate is whether that should automatically equal that somebody's life is totally ruined because of one mistake and ill judgement they make when they were still  young, naive, barely out of adolescence.  It is also perfectly reasonable to debate the circumstances of how this has happened, particularly when said victim was not subject to  force or violence or drugs whilst the crime was being committed. Further said victim was fully complicit and consenting in the 4-month-long communications, knew he was 19 years old, consenting to their visiting and with the act itself. 

6 minutes ago, Alextopman said:

She was a 12 year old Child, he was a 19 year old Man.

He knew her age so should have known not to go near her invited or not.

Would you talk to a 12 year old for months on the internet then fly to another country for sex with the person?.

If your answer is no then you're defence of him makes no sense.

Why would a 12-year-old girl to post pictures open to the public on a forum and proceed to knowingly talk to a 19-year-old man on the internet for four months across three social media platforms and consent with them to arrange to fly from a different country to meet at their disclosed address, spend an evening together whilst the parent is out of the house and engage in the sexual activity.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ECCOnoob said:

We know. No need to shout. 

But as people are trying to get into your head, there are nuances with these things. 

Snipped 

No nuance. He's a child rapist. Get that in your head perhaps?

2 minutes ago, ECCOnoob said:

Snipped 

It is also perfectly reasonable to debate the circumstances of how this has happened, particularly when said victim was not subject to  force or violence or drugs whilst the crime was being committed. Further said victim was fully complicit and consenting in the 4-month-long communications, knew he was 19 years old, consenting to their visiting and with the act itself. 

Why would a 12-year-old girl to post pictures open to the public on a forum and proceed to knowingly talk to a 19-year-old man on the internet for four months across three social media platforms and consent with them to arrange to fly from a different country to meet at their disclosed address, spend an evening together whilst the parent is out of the house and engage in the sexual activity.  

You've never heard of grooming then? 

OK.