What Drink Will You Never Have Again ?

On 26/07/2024 at 06:25, hackey lad said:

Barley Wine . Got drunk on it over 30 years ago . Can still taste it now .

I used to love a Barley Wine. I even invented my own drink - half of Guinness and a Barley Wine in a pint glass. I could only manage one (along with the usual pints) The bar staff had to pour the Barley Wine and Guinness in a particular order, if they got it wrong the drink would instantly foam up and almost explode out of the glass.  (Can't remember the order of pour) Good times. :thumbsup:

• Haha 1

On 27/07/2024 at 00:05, Delbow said:

Soju - a Korean spirit distilled from rice. It's not completely revolting but to me it has a slightly nail polish aftertaste to it.

This suggests that you've drunk nail polish.  Anyway, aren't you supposed to sniff it? :D

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, _lecro_ said:

pernod... drink of the devil

But a long drink of Ricard with water and plenty of ice makes for a splendid aperitif on a hot summers evening.

1 minute ago, Longcol said:

But a long drink of Ricard with water and plenty of ice makes for a splendid aperitif on a hot summers evening.

Damn i need my eyes testing.

Just spent the last minute Googling a drink called Richard  🙄

4 minutes ago, The_DADDY said:

Damn i need my eyes testing.

Just spent the last minute Googling a drink called Richard  🙄

Lol - good job I didn't use their slogan " véritable pastis de Marseille "  or you might have been searching for vegetable pasties.

1 minute ago, Longcol said:

Lol - good job I didn't use their slogan " véritable pastis de Marseille "  or you might have been searching for vegetable pasties.

100% I would have mate 🤣

8 minutes ago, Norbert said:

Jägermeister. How did they sucker young people into drinking that.

Probably in the same way they got an older generation drinking "big head" trophy bitter, double diamond "works wonders", "smooth and easy" worthington E etc - advertising.