What Drink Will You Never Have Again ?

12 minutes ago, Longcol said:

Probably in the same way they got an older generation drinking "big head" trophy bitter, double diamond "works wonders", "smooth and easy" worthington E etc - advertising.

The drinks you mention are/were bland and not dissimilar to the other industrially produced drinks of the day. Jägermeister is strong and pretty unique, who needs 56 different (bitter) herbs in their spirits. 

2 minutes ago, Norbert said:

The drinks you mention are/were bland and not dissimilar to the other industrially produced drinks of the day. Jägermeister is strong and pretty unique, who needs 56 different (bitter) herbs in their spirits. 

Bet nobody who has it as a shot or as bomb with red bull is that bothered.

Widely  associated with sports sponsorship, heavy metal bands among other things - like I said - advertising. OK markets are more "niche" today,  go back 50 years and there was ITV or nowt.

Slivovitz, in what was then Yugoslavia, in 1971.

It was served to everybody at the table, but most people wouldn't drink it so I had a few extras. 

Bad decision. Still felt ill on the flight home two days later.  Never again.

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Gormenghast said:

Slivovitz, in what was then Yugoslavia, in 1971.

It was served to everybody at the table, but most people wouldn't drink it so I had a few extras. 

Bad decision. Still felt ill on the flight home two days later.  Never again.

In Bulgaria they call it Rakia, its made from plums, grapes and other fruits. Get a good one and it's ok, usually from a shop...have a rank homemade one and you can suffer for 24 hrs!!

My neighbour makes his own around 

48%, it's absolutely lifting, the only benefit is that its like an antibiotic that kills any bacteria or infections!!

I've had many guests stay with me over the years and most have required me to carry them home after a night at my neighbours!

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Al Bundy said:

In Bulgaria they call it Rakia, its made from plums, grapes and other fruits. Get a good one and it's ok, usually from a shop...have a rank homemade one and you can suffer for 24 hrs!!

My neighbour makes his own around 

48%, it's absolutely lifting, the only benefit is that its like an antibiotic that kills any bacteria or infections!!

I've had many guests stay with me over the years and most have required me to carry them home after a night at my neighbours!

Is that the same neighbour who makes the chicken feet stew?