Spanish protests about mass tourism

2 hours ago, lavery549@yahoo said:

ER what's appertaining here then ? . Last time I looked tourism brings in a great deal of revenue . Can't understand why people have a problem .

During the summer weekends we got lots of "Tourists" driving up the "Padders Bar" boulevard to see the Birthplace of the now World famous "Baubles"

It's now more famous than the Cavern club.

We could really do without them, they churn up our well kept verges, inconsiderate parking, leave litter and other unsavory items.

They never pop in and try our variety of splendid ales, they just spend hours taking photos.

Ban em I say!!!

• Haha 1

As far as I'm aware they're protesting against low cost, mass tourism, basically people that go for the sole intention of getting as drunk as possible.... they'd prefer to have fewer but more "high quality" tourists.

However, the protests I've seen reported on don't reflect this, they just appear to be targeting all tourists.

There was even one where people eating at restaurants were openly harassed.

This has led to a lot of people having the response of "well there's an entire planet to choose from, we will take our money elsewhere"

I think if the protests continue like this, then in a few years the old tourist hot spots will be crying out for money as people will abandon them in favour of other destinations... shooting themselves in the foot I think is a fitting saying.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Padders said:

During the summer weekends we got lots of "Tourists" driving up the "Padders Bar" boulevard to see the Birthplace of the now World famous "Baubles"

It's now more famous than the Cavern club.

We could really do without them, they churn up our well kept verges, inconsiderate parking, leave litter and other unsavory items.

They never pop in and try our variety of splendid ales, they just spend hours taking photos.

Ban em I say!!!

Can I come down with my tuc tuc and run the punters round firth park page hall and shiregreen...for a small fee ? 

9 minutes ago, gaz 786 said:

Can I come down with my tuc tuc and run the punters round firth park page hall and shiregreen...for a small fee ? 

We use the "Padders Bar"  Dolmus bus.  Gaz.

• Haha 2

49 minutes ago, Padders said:

We use the "Padders Bar"  Dolmus bus.  Gaz.

I reckon Benidorm might struggle without our euros ...and I love Benidorm ❤️ 

Just now, gaz 786 said:

I reckon Benidorm might struggle without our euros ...and I love Benidorm ❤️ 

I'm going September 19th with the ungratefulls.

They'll probably stick me in a mobility scooter and point me in the direction of Alicante.