OLD VINYLS

Strange you should ask, @lavery549@yahoo I still have around 100 12" of various flavours and a very few 7".  My taste in music has always been varied, and I rescued a small selection when I had to leave home in a bit of a hurry. Bought a deck a few months ago with the intention of converting them to MP3 to play on the iPad, but discovered it wasn't quite capable of converting them the way I wanted.

Not major problem, as I think I have found somewhere that can do it at a reasonable price.

Might keep the odd one or two vinyls for sentimental reasons, but the rest will be sold, to offset the conversion costs.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, RollingJ said:

Strange you should ask, @lavery549@yahoo I still have around 100 12" of various flavours and a very few 7".  My taste in music has always been varied, and I rescued a small selection when I had to leave home in a bit of a hurry. Bought a deck a few months ago with the intention of converting them to MP3 to play on the iPad, but discovered it wasn't quite capable of converting them the way I wanted.

Not major problem, as I think I have found somewhere that can do it at a reasonable price.

Might keep the odd one or two vinyls for sentimental reasons, but the rest will be sold, to offset the conversion costs.

Well I am sure you will get a good price for them . My Brother & me have diverse taste in music . My Grandma on Dads side ( where we get our love of music ) , was a Mezzo- Soprano , My Dad was a singer with Keith Peters jazz band , I am a Classically trained pianist . So , we love loads of different types of music 

2 minutes ago, lavery549@yahoo said:

i have other slightly moeWell I am sure you will get a good price for them . My Brother & me have diverse taste in music . My Grandma on Dads side ( where we get our love of music ) , was a Mezzo- Soprano , My Dad was a singer with Keith Peters jazz band , I am a Classically trained pianist . So , we love loads of different types of music 

I should get a reasonable price for most of them - they are in good/very good condition and their original sleeves/covers. Might be a while before they get done as I have a couple of more pressing slightly expensive projects, but at least I know where to go now.

BTW -  I'm not musical, but I know what I like - and it doesn't include much of what passes for today's music - I can't see todays  'popular music' lasting as long as, say, The Beatles.

• Like 1

Just now, RollingJ said:

I should get a reasonable price for most of them - they are in good/very good condition and their original sleeves/covers. Might be a while before they get done as I have a couple of more pressing slightly expensive projects, but at least I know where to go now.

BTW -  I'm not musical, but I know what I like - and it doesn't include much of what passes for today's music - I can't see todays  'popular music' lasting as long as, say, The Beatles.

Oh I couldn't agree more about todays music , it's too manufactured & I just don't bother 

Still buying vinyl to add to my collection of around 2,000 items. I play them on a Linn Sondek LP12, expensive but well worth the money. Genres are Shoegaze, Power Pop, Alternative Rock, Slowgaze, Stoner Rock and Rock Pop.