Paris Olympics 2024

3 hours ago, Baron99 said:

Anyway, Adam Peaty is going for his 3rd straight gold around 20:30 tonight. 

https://www.bbc.com/sport/olympics/articles/crgk5m72xypo

Here's hoping he does it.  Apparently a Chinese swimmer is his biggest challenge. 

Italian swimmer, Martinenghi, 1st out in lane 7, 100th second in front of Peaty in joint silver medal place with a swimmer from the USA. 

The fancied Chinese swimmer actually finished 7th.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, The_DADDY said:

Why Oh dear?

I'm not watching the Olympics so I've no idea who's won what. 

Think the fashion in this thread is just to make something up, so here goes. Sid Smith just came 2nd in the crown green bowls. 

• Haha 2

Just now, HeHasRisen said:

Think the fashion in this thread is just to make something up, so here goes. Sid Smith just came 2nd in the crown green bowls. 

Ah, understood 👍🤣

22 minutes ago, Uggy said:

An excellent silver for Adam Peaty

Absolutely. The Chinese swimmer was considered to be his biggest threat and finished seventh. Great swim  by the Italian who beat Adam Peaty.  And great interview by Adam Peaty who displayed  the true Olympic spirit after the race. Great sportsmanship displayed by a British swimming legend. 

• Like 1

I wasn't a fan of the opening ceremony on the river but the venues for the events have been outstanding. The equestrian competition  at Chateau de Versailles  in which Great Britain are doing well is the best surroundings I've seen for an Olympic event.