Paris Olympics 2024

On day two Australia top the medal table and the hosts France are near the top.  It's good to see the Chinese are not yet running away with the top medal spot.  It will be interesting to see if the French beat the Great Britain total of medals won in 2012 when the Olympics took place in London.  In these early stages I've enjoyed what I seen the best since London 2012.

7 hours ago, Mateo said:

On day two Australia top the medal table and the hosts France are near the top.  It's good to see the Chinese are not yet running away with the top medal spot.  It will be interesting to see if the French beat the Great Britain total of medals won in 2012 when the Olympics took place in London.  In these early stages I've enjoyed what I seen the best since London 2012.

I tend to agree, the competition and the venues are outstanding, although Tokyo was a bit of a wash out because of Covid. 

14 hours ago, Baron99 said:

Italian swimmer, Martinenghi, 1st out in lane 7, 100th second in front of Peaty in joint silver medal place with a swimmer from the USA. 

The fancied Chinese swimmer actually finished 7th.

Congrats. to Tom Daley and Noel Williams on getting silver medals.

BBC coverage very hop skip and jump, we're leaving what you're watching to go over to summat else, but if you want to carry on watching what you're watching it carries on on a different channel or iplayer, a bit rubbish to be honest.

35 minutes ago, Uggy said:

BBC coverage very hop skip and jump, we're leaving what you're watching to go over to summat else, but if you want to carry on watching what you're watching it carries on on a different channel or iplayer, a bit rubbish to be honest.

Pay the four quid to get the Discovery+ coverage of absolutely everything then, it's hardly a king's random. 

And it won't be on iPlayer, just press red or go to the BBC RB channel. 

Edited by HeHasRisen
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, HeHasRisen said:

Pay the four quid to get the Discovery+ coverage of absolutely everything then, it's hardly a king's random. 

And it won't be on iPlayer, just press red or go to the BBC RB channel. 

£4 is more than I can afford at moment

42 minutes ago, Uggy said:

Discovery have the broadcast rites to the Olympics. The BBC is Limited in what it can show

3 minutes ago, Zinger549 said:

Discovery have the broadcast rites to the Olympics. The BBC is Limited in what it can show

And it's hardly a hardship to flick between two Freeview channels if that's all he has.