Paris Olympics 2024

17 hours ago, cressida said:

I so wanted it to be😂

Watching the trap shooting final, I may need to visit spec savers.

Not a spectator sport maybe.

Be honest on this one, I'm finding the Olympics utterly boring.

The Tele is saturated with it, I love Snooker, football, Horse racing , Wimbledon etc. but the Olympics make Golf look exciting.

I must explain that I don't much like athletics, running is fine when your late for a train, or when you were nine, but the concept of running in a circle for nothing but glory seems a bit medieval if you ask me..

Why do people want to watch a Kenyan man we've never heard of jump further into a sandpit than an American man we've also never heard of.

Then we see German women with scrotums like tractors hurling hammers about the place. when an enormous Mrs Fritz hurls it into row G of the stadiums upper circle, does she think she is the beat hammer thrower in the world? or the best hammer thrower among those who've dedicated the past four years of their lives to throwing hammers, with the best will in the World, thats not a terribly big accolade..

Speaking of which, the Javelin.

In the olden days when men ate bison and Mr. Smith had not yet met Mr. Wesson, I should imagine that a chap with an ability to chuck a spear over a great distance would have many wives, now it's just a gigantic Pole lobbing a stick.

What I'm waiting for, with a bit of luck, is one of those triangular-torsoed diver boys to bash his head on the board.

I'll be glad when it's over, lets get the football season underway and see some excitement.

Or is it just me...

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Uggy said:

Brilliant gold for Ireland in 800metres freestyle. Dan Wiffen

Cracking race that.

I've spent the day watching the Olympics and the table tennis, Gymnastics and now the swimming have been superb.