Paris Olympics 2024

Yes the proper Olympics really begin when the track & field events start.  Having said that, just watched Team GB defend their Men's 4 x 200m Freestyle Relay in the swimming to win gold.  No swimming team has managed to do that before. 

However on the other side of things, earlier watched a GB shooter win gold, hitting a record 48 out of 50 targets but it's not a great sport for tv viewing. 

The viewer is simply looking at the back of a bloke with a shotgun, firing into a grass bank. You can't even see the low flying clay pigeon. 

4 minutes ago, Baron99 said:

Yes the proper Olympics really begin when the track & field events start.  Having said that, just watched Team GB defend their Men's 4 x 200m Freestyle Relay in the swimming to win gold.  No swimming team has managed to do that before. 

However on the other side of things, earlier watched a GB shooter win gold, hitting a record 48 out of 50 targets but it's not a great sport for tv viewing. 

The viewer is simply looking at the back of a bloke with a shotgun, firing into a grass bank. You can't even see the low flying clay pigeon. 

Yep, I saw some of that, then fell asleep.

Another good day for Great Britain. To win a gold in a swimming relay indicates Great Britain has depth in this sport. Apparently the Paris pool is a slow pool. Never heard of a slow pool before and have learnt it's because the pool is not very deep. 

The medal table is still very close which is good.

16 minutes ago, Mateo said:

Another good day for Great Britain. To win a gold in a swimming relay indicates Great Britain has depth in this sport. Apparently the Paris pool is a slow pool. Never heard of a slow pool before and have learnt it's because the pool is not very deep. 

The medal table is still very close which is good.

It'll be the Parisian hard water that's slowing them down. 

1 minute ago, lavery549@yahoo said:

I have to agree with Padders . I find Olympics boring , always have .  Can't stand Formula 1 either . I prefer Rally Driving ,

Agree with you about the F1. 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, cressida said:

Not warched F1 since Senna  died.😌

That was very sad.

F1 driver Roland Ratzenberger also died that weekend whilst qualifying.

Edited by The_DADDY
  • Sad 1