Paris Olympics 2024

5 minutes ago, m williamson said:

Where did I say that anyone shouldn't enjoy sporting success? Did you actually read my post responding to Al Bundy's question

" What's wrong about being patriotic anyway "? Where I  clearly stated that " There's nothing wrong with being patriotic providing it's a reasoned and thought out pride in country. " And " Absolutely nothing wrong with people taking pride in the accomplishments of their fellow countrymen/women."

My objection is to the " Two world wars and one world cup "  and " There were ten German bombers in the air...." jingoistic crap combined with England fans walking about in the host country of Germany during the Euros wearing RAF headgear.

I'm old enough to remember 1966 when Germany actually played in Sheffield and they were treat with good manners and made welcome.

Most English supporters are a credit to the country, but there's a significant minority that are an embarrassment and need to be sorted out. And yes, I'm aware some other countries have a similar issue but that's their problem. 

Thankfully it doesn't appear to have spread to the Olympics as yet, but they said it wouldn't ever happen in cricket or rugby and it did.

Life is too short. I can't be bothered to attempt to encourage to see reason anymore.  Enjoy your bitterness. 

7 minutes ago, Mateo said:

Life is too short. I can't be bothered to attempt to encourage to see reason anymore.  Enjoy your bitterness. 

8 minutes ago, Mateo said:

So Mister Gee nailed it, you are the onanist formerly known as Westy. Writing 'style ' is a dead giveaway. 😂

1 minute ago, m williamson said:

So Mister Gee nailed it, you are the onanist formerly known as Westy. Writing 'style ' is a dead giveaway. 😂

Wow this Westy must have left quite an impression to generate such irrational behaviour. Did Westy also enjoy British competitors winning gold medals in the Olympics?

1 minute ago, hackey lad said:

Ooh look at you , “onanist “ . Very clever  :rolleyes:

Five finger shuffle is no longer an olympic sport, it actually never was it was just practiced by many on the olympic committees of various countries.

Now grow up, and I promise I might

Just now, Mateo said:

Another gold medal for France in the swimming. It's good to see the host nation doing so well. 

Yes it is, unless of course it's at our expense 😕 

4 minutes ago, Uggy said:

Five finger shuffle is no longer an olympic sport, it actually never was it was just practiced by many on the olympic committees of various countries.

Now grow up, and I promise I might

It wasn’t aimed at you . :confused: