Paris Olympics 2024

12 minutes ago, Al Bundy said:

I am watching the volleyball at the moment but getting frustrated at the amount of high fives, fist bumping and hugging after every point.  It's absolutely ridiculous.

Ridiculous levels of self congratulation does appear to be a feature of many sports, just look at footy when someone scores.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Bamanamanana said:

Ridiculous levels of self congratulation does appear to be a feature of many sports, just look at footy when someone scores.

It's crept into the tennis doubles also, after every single point regardless of who wins it they have to have a fist pump. 

Honestly, if you can watch the volleyball it's absolutely ridiculous the way they carry on after each point.

1 hour ago, Al Bundy said:

It's crept into the tennis doubles also, after every single point regardless of who wins it they have to have a fist pump. 

Honestly, if you can watch the volleyball it's absolutely ridiculous the way they carry on after each point.

My bold

I watched women's beech volleyball once. I can't honestly say I noticed them congratulating each other but I do remember their almost comically small outfits that looked about 4 sizes too small for them. It was ridiculous. I had to watch 3 hours of women in string bikinis jumping around, diving and running in the sand.

It was awful. 

• Haha 4

Do we want our children to see people getting rewards for being the best

Why don't we have an olympics where everyone gets a medal

These kinds of ideas are not for the society we want in 2024

• Confused 1