Paris Olympics 2024

3 hours ago, Al Bundy said:

It's crept into the tennis doubles also, after every single point regardless of who wins it they have to have a fist pump. 

Honestly, if you can watch the volleyball it's absolutely ridiculous the way they carry on after each point.

A match winning goal scored in a football match Is something to celebrated, as is a match winning point in a tennis match, however I can’t recall the late Sir Robert Charlton doing silly things after scoring a goal. :huh:

• Like 1

I'm surprised any one competes in the Olympics now with the number of mental issues everyone seems to have.

18 hours ago, Norbert said:

Heard lots of people complaining they didn't understand it. My foreign relatives didn't understand our 2012 opening ceremony either, hospital beds, Glastonbury Tor,  Accrington Pals, Pearly Kings & Queens, Jarrow March, Chelsea Pensioners. I dare say very few worldwide would have understood the significance of much of it.

Yeah but the music, drama and spectacle of the London ceremony was 50 times better than the embarrassment that France served up. It's still available on YouTube and I'll definitely go back and watch again the section that covers the industrial revolution, with Underworld's specially written and brilliant music. Genuinely emotive. The Paris one reminded me of a village fete where you have people dressed up, sitting on a trailer pulled by a tractor.

1 hour ago, crookesey said:

A match winning goal scored in a football match Is something to celebrated, as is a match winning point in a tennis match, however I can’t recall the late Sir Robert Charlton doing silly things after scoring a goal. :huh:

Eh?

You have to win a minimum of 72 points to win a men's tennis match I believe, bit different to scoring a goal in football!!

49 minutes ago, Delbow said:

Yeah but the music, drama and spectacle of the London ceremony was 50 times better than the embarrassment that France served up. It's still available on YouTube and I'll definitely go back and watch again the section that covers the industrial revolution, with Underworld's specially written and brilliant music. Genuinely emotive. The Paris one reminded me of a village fete where you have people dressed up, sitting on a trailer pulled by a tractor.

😂