Winter Fuel Allowance payments scrapped for millions of pensioners.

8 minutes ago, Padders said:

Cheers Mr. Crookesey,

And while your at it, can you clean my windows, I've got ladders..

Have you noticed how much any help, even for a reasonably simple job, has gone up?

Chiropadist recently called and spent 20 minutes doing my Dad's feet. 

£40 

Plumber unblocked a sink (arthritis in hands means I can no longer do things like this) Took him all of 15 minutes.

£70

Just getting someone /anyone to turn out is a job in itself. Haven't seen a window cleaner in years.... 

• Sad 2

Just now, Anna B said:

Have you noticed how much any help, even for a reasonably simple job, has gone up?

£40 

Plumber unblocked a sink (arthritis in hands means I can no longer do things like this) Took him all of 15 minutes.

£70

Just getting someone /anyone to turn out is a job in itself. Haven't seen a window cleaner in years.... 

I don't think it's necessarily their time but their know how what you are paying for.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Anna B said:

£40 

£70

A local handyman would have been cheaper, plumbers can be expensive as they are skilled people, we charged £25 to look at your TV 20 years ago, so £40 seems reasonable, go to come to your home

So Starmer has cut the pensioners' Winter fuel payments to save £1.5 billion to help out the NHS.  That's the old cobblers line he's peddling now then is it? 

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/politics/2024/09/13/starmer-i-had-to-cut-winter-fuel-allowance-to-save-the-nhs/

Well he'll need the extra £1.5 billion for the NHS to look after the pensioners that end up with malnutrition & frostbite for fear of putting their heating on. 

How about trying to save money off the £7 billion bill spent on those illegal immigrants crossing The Channel in small boats?

• Like 5