Winter Fuel Allowance payments scrapped for millions of pensioners.

Best thing to do with Child Benefit is make it a means tested benefit so the MP's on £91,000 a year and more don't get it that way our winter fuel payment can remain and people with children would get more help.

Soap box away,

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, ChubbyMule said:

Best thing to do with Child Benefit is make it a means tested benefit so the MP's on £91,000 a year and more don't get it that way our winter fuel payment can remain and people with children would get more help.

Soap box away,

Didn’t realise child benefit qualified for the winter fuel payment. Maybe I ought to knock out a few kids to keep warm this winter.

• Haha 2

If it hasn't been mentioned before, here is the Age UK petition to restore the winter fuel payment for pensioners. 

Please sign it. 

Even if you don't need it yourself, (you can say that on petition,) there are millions of pensioners who just miss out on pension credit who do.  It only takes a few seconds.

19 hours ago, ChubbyMule said:

Soap box away,

Child benefit is already means tested.

If you or your partner earn over £60,000 then you don't get it. Is that a big deal?

I am sure that the personal allowance freeze has cost ordinary working people a lot of money, but not much media coverage about that!

Not much media coverage of Liz Truss's 1p cut in bottom rate of income tax, it was all about the top rate, but the bottom rate would have helped far more people.

Thanks for your reply and didn't know the child benefit was already a means tested benefit so I apologies for that but on the other hand surely people on £60,000 a year could be brought down another £10,000 or £20,000 and family's could still live quite well. I'm a single pensioner on just over £12.000 a year and live quite comfortably, surely a family could live well on £40,000 or £50,000 a year or are they living beyond their means....makes one wonder.

I'm not having a dig at anyone it's just that anyone on £59,000 a year seems an awful lot of money to claim another £20....Still what do I know I'm just another moaning pensioner. The top brass have got it all wrong they say we are living longer I call it surviving longer not actually living longer.