Winter Fuel Allowance payments scrapped for millions of pensioners.

30 minutes ago, Uggy said:

Not much media coverage of Liz Truss's 1p cut in bottom rate of income tax, it was all about the top rate, but the bottom rate would have helped far more people.

Liz Truss has said she was never given a "realistic chance" to implement her radical tax-cutting agenda by her party. Blaming others, instead of accepting responsibility herself.

Personally, I want better public services first, not tax cuts.

I know people who have had to pay £1,000+ extra because they had to use a private dentist. A poorly functioning NHS will affect the older generation much more than the young ones.

I've sent this to my MP.

I have signed an Age UK petition against the stopping of the winter fuel allowance for millions of pensioners.

I hope, should there be a debate in parliament about this despicable cut, you will have the courage to vote against it.

Best Regards,

1 hour ago, Uggy said:

I've sent this to my MP.

I have signed an Age UK petition against the stopping of the winter fuel allowance for millions of pensioners.

I hope, should there be a debate in parliament about this despicable cut, you will have the courage to vote against it.

Best Regards,

Get real, if he/she is a Labour MP, they need to balance the books after being left with no money.

3 hours ago, Uggy said:

I've sent this to my MP.

Best Regards,

Who is your MP?