Winter Fuel Allowance payments scrapped for millions of pensioners.

1 minute ago, Prettytom said:

You’d do a lot better on here if you explained yourself more clearly.

Use a few more words and I’ll see whether it’s worth discussing this simple issue with you.

You know exactly what I’m on about. 

He is taking issue with the point that he believes you are victim blaming,  there are genuinely poor people who can't afford to put their heating on and it's only August,  most of those poor people voted Labour in the hope they would have more empathy.

• Like 1

Just now, cressida said:

He is taking issue with the point that he believes you are victim blaming,  there are genuinely poor people who can't afford to put their heating on and it's only August,  most of those poor people voted Labour in the hope they would have more empathy.

But, I didn’t do that.

I clearly said that Rachael Reeves had got it wrong and had set the bar too low. 

So, I’m still mystified about his “victim blaming” comment. 

It is all very odd.

You said there are people who don't need the allowance,  can't envisage anyone giving it up though,  some pensioners live in huge houses and would say they cost a lot to heat,  also their money is tied up in their property.

24 minutes ago, cressida said:

But that might have been true in the 90s, but if you look at this graph pensioners suffer the least from poverty.

Children have consistently had the highest poverty rates, while pensioners along with working-age adults without children now have the lowest.

https://www.jrf.org.uk/uk-poverty-2024-the-essential-guide-to-understanding-poverty-in-the-uk

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1