Winter Fuel Allowance payments scrapped for millions of pensioners.

46 minutes ago, Pyrotequila said:

Is it just people thinking up ways to make the wealthy emigrate somewhere else, so we just end up and island full of poor people?

That's what ecco noob have been pointing out  - another brain drain.

So after Liam Byrne left that note saying there's no money left,  how did the Tories build up the economy up again.  

Reeves take note.

Edited by cressida

Why are people whining, they voted for this less than 2 months ago

The majority of those that could be bothered to vote chose labour

All the others opted to give the voting a miss and have a night watching sky sports and drinking cheap cans of booze, so by default voted labour

Labour were democratically elected

10 hours ago, cressida said:

That's what ecco noob have been pointing out  - another brain drain.

So after Liam Byrne left that note saying there's no money left,  how did the Tories build up the economy up again.  

Reeves take note.

Did the Tories build up the economy again?

I don't think so. They cut everything to ribbons and sold off anything that wasn't nailed down. They did very little for productivity or increasing wages etc. According to news broadcasts, we are worse off than we were in 2008.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, cressida said:

They had recovered from having 'no money left to them' and then the pandemic happened and they ended up having to borrow to support furlough.

The 'no money left' was a joke, but seized on by the Tories as an excuse to justify cuts. The Tories were cutting funding left right and centre from 2010, - well before the pandemic.

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, cressida said:

I thought the economy was growing up to the pandemic,  the time I'm talking about.  Never mind I'll agree to differ.

The official figures will say the economy was growing

But for the average man or woman on the street, they were definitely worse off in 2019 than they were in 2009 before the conservatives got elected

• Like 2