Winter Fuel Allowance payments scrapped for millions of pensioners.

If the Tories hadn't spaffed £37bn on test & trace and a load of other waste on top of that, there'd still be enough to go around. Some food for thought for people who voted Tory in 2019, maybe.

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

This makes it a means tested benefit, which I think is morally correct, It may even be a blessing to some pensioners, making them look at their entitlement to "Pension Credit", It is said that there are thousands and thousands of people who are entitled to pension credit who DON'T claim it.

• Like 4

30 minutes ago, ukdobby said:

So is child allowance so should that be stopped?

Personally yes, shouldn't have kids if you can't afford it, but I accept that may be an unpopular opinion. 

• Like 5

13 minutes ago, aardvark6535 said:

This makes it a means tested benefit, which I think is morally correct, It may even be a blessing to some pensioners, making them look at their entitlement to "Pension Credit", It is said that there are thousands and thousands of people who are entitled to pension credit who DON'T claim it.

About 5 or 6 years ago I remember I was responding someone on here who was moaning about people 'scrounging benefits' to put those billions into context, I reminded them that £16 billion of benefits goes unclaimed. 

The total money lost to benefit fraud was much, much less than that figure; yet we hear so much more about fraud and scroungers than we ever do about people who don't claim what they're entitled to.

• Like 4

49 minutes ago, Al Bundy said:

Rubbish.

They should be entitled to it like anyone else.

Do you think millionaires like Richard Branson for example should not get a state pension?

Maybe don't conflate pensions & benefits

• Like 1

I have no problem with them stopping it for pensioners who’re on higher incomes, but I suspect it will cause hardship for the ones who are only just over the limit for getting Pension Credit. The ones who’ll lose out on over £900 because they’ve got maybe just a couple of pence too much coming in. I feel sorry for folks who’ll miss out like that. 

• Like 5