Winter Fuel Allowance payments scrapped for millions of pensioners.

1 minute ago, cressida said:

Because some are at risk of death through hyperthermia,  pneumonia - why do you think they shoud not get 

I think that the ones at risk Of those things should definitely get the payment.

I don’t  think that people with hundreds of thousands of pounds worth of assets need my kids to pay their gas bill.

Edited by Prettytom

Just now, Prettytom said:

I think that the ones at risk

ig those things should definitely get the payment.

I don’t  think that people with hundreds of thousands of pounds worth of assets need my kids to pay their gas bill.

While you here , do you think Starmer and Rayner are hypocrites about this payment? 

1 minute ago, hackey lad said:

While you here , do you think Starmer and Rayner are hypocrites about this payment? 

I think they’ve been left in an almost impossible situation by the worst government that I’ve ever experienced.

They have some difficult decisions to make. This is a sensible one, there is no need to give billions of pounds of public money to people who already have plenty of assets and adequate income.

I’m hoping that they’ll also bring CGT into line with income tax, aggressively go after tax dodgers and reform child benefit. Then they might have some cash to rebuild our broken country.

I wish them well.

• Sad 1

11 minutes ago, Prettytom said:

I think that the ones at risk Of those things should definitely get the payment.

I don't think the taxpayer should pay the Uni debt of the youth either nor benefits for peeps who refuse to work.