Winter Fuel Allowance payments scrapped for millions of pensioners.

13 hours ago, Magilla said:

There seems to be penty of people interested, given the likes and thanks recieved.

Regardless, I appreciate your embarrassement! Imagine voting for something you're now whining about the result of, incessantly! 🤣

I've noticed the single like & the two thanks.  I rest my case. 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Baron99 said:

Don't forget to claim your £10 Xmas bonus from the DWP  - if you qualify & don't spend it all at once.  Should see you able to put your heating on for a day. 

https://www.gov.uk/christmas-bonus/eligibility

There's currently a campaign underway to get the sum increased to a £100 bonus as its been £10 for the past 50 years & if inflation during that time was taken into account the bonus would be worth in the region of £114.

Don't blame me, you voted for Labour!

I reckon the 25p increase in your pension when you reach 80, should be doubled to 50p.

9 hours ago, Baron99 said:

Don't forget to claim your £10 Xmas bonus from the DWP  - if you qualify & don't spend it all at once.  Should see you able to put your heating on for a day. 

https://www.gov.uk/christmas-bonus/eligibility

There's currently a campaign underway to get the sum increased to a £100 bonus as its been £10 for the past 50 years & if inflation during that time was taken into account the bonus would be worth in the region of £114.

Don't blame me, you voted for Labour!

As I'm one of those wealthy pensioners whose annual income exceeds £11,400 a year, I'd like my £10 to be added to the foreign aid budget so all those people from 3rd world countries no longer feel the need to come here to enjoy the good life.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, despritdan said:

As I'm one of those wealthy pensioners whose annual income exceeds £11,400 a year, I'd like my £10 to be added to the foreign aid budget so all those people from 3rd world countries no longer feel the need to come here to enjoy the good life.

Maybe pensioners should form their own political party.

12 hours ago, Baron99 said:

I've noticed the single like & the two thanks.

Yes, your claim that "nobody's interested in the slightest", is not correct  :thumbsup:

More a case of "you're not", for obvious reasons. 🙄

12 hours ago, Baron99 said:

I rest my case. 

What case?

Other than highlighting your own error, you've never made one that isn't you telling us all how desperate you are for no-one to mention it!

Brexit has created a massive fiscal hole in public finances, it is a major factor leading to the need for benefit cuts at this time... and it's not getting better.

Brexit deal impact in UK is worsening, warn economists:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/articles/cd988p00z1no

Don't worry, I'll be around to remind you of your choices, and their impact, when you're desperately casting about looking for someone else to blame! 🤣

3 hours ago, Magilla said:

Yes, your claim that "nobody's interested in the slightest", is not correct  :thumbsup:

More a case of "you're not", for obvious reasons. 🙄

What case?

Other than highlighting your own error, you've never made one that isn't you telling us all how desperate you are for no-one to mention it!

Brexit has created a massive fiscal hole in public finances, it is a major factor leading to the need for benefit cuts at this time... and it's not getting better.

Brexit deal impact in UK is worsening, warn economists:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/articles/cd988p00z1no

Don't worry, I'll be around to remind you of your choices, and their impact, when you're desperately casting about looking for someone else to blame! 🤣

Will  you really be around,  you keep coming and going??

20 minutes ago, despritdan said:

I wonder who'll be paying the heating bills for all the hotels housing 'irregular' immigrants, over 10,000 of which have arrived since Labour came to power. They'll be able to have their heating blasting out day and night if it's the tax payers.

Plus they are used to warmer climes.

• Like 1