Winter Fuel Allowance payments scrapped for millions of pensioners.

5 minutes ago, RollingJ said:

Except 15% 'don't know'?

But most polling which I've seen always has the 'don't knows'. They don't invalidate the results of this poll anymore than they do other polls. 

I just thought it was interesting to point out the results given the direction of travel on this forum, that it's wrong in who Reeves targeted to make up the shortfall of what's been left behind.

16 minutes ago, Mister M said:

But most polling which I've seen always has the 'don't knows'. They don't invalidate the results of this poll anymore than they do other polls. 

I just thought it was interesting to point out the results given the direction of travel on this forum, that it's wrong in who Reeves targeted to make up the shortfall of what's been left behind.

Fair enough, and I don't argue with your first paragraph. Be interesting to see the sample size though, as this, for once, is a straight yes/no poll.

Just for the benefit of the Labour supporters on here one of their pre-election pledges (lies) was that the winter fuel payment would remain, why do we continually fall for this rubbish.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Top4719 said:

Just for the benefit of the Labour supporters on here one of their pre-election pledges (lies) was that the winter fuel payment would remain, why do we continually fall for this rubbish.

Would you care to evidence that claim.

23 minutes ago, Top4719 said:

The winter fuel payment is remaining – for those receiving pension credit (around 1.5 million pensioners according to DWP figures, although a similar number are also entitled to pension credit but don't claim).

1 minute ago, horribleblob said:

The winter fuel payment is remaining – for those receiving pension credit (around 1.5 million pensioners according to DWP figures, although a similar number are also entitled to pension credit but don't claim).

Like I said earlier its being taken away from people who have paid into the system and worked all their lives an given to people who haven't bothered, despicable.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

33 minutes ago, Top4719 said:

Like I said earlier its being taken away from people who have paid into the system and worked all their lives an given to people who haven't bothered, despicable.

No.

You said that Labour pledged not to do this. 

So, where is your evidence for that?

Just now, Prettytom said:

No.

You said that Labour pledged not to do this. 

So, where is your evidence for that?

Go away and find what you need on the other thread.