Sheffield Wednesday v Plymouth Argyle

If only it was that easy every week! A real shame for the 1300 who made the long haul up from devon, their players have really let them down big time today, its well documented the Plymouth owner cant fund the club to the required level and is desperate for an investor and theyre reliant on transfers out to further fund player recruitment.

As for Wednesday, should have had at least a couple more, just lacked composure infront of goal, not taking too much from today, a couple of tough league  fixtures coming up that will give us a sterner test, but very happy tonight.

• Like 1

Its a long time since we've seen such a dominant performance in an opening game, Plymouth were poor but the Owls took them apart, it could have been a cricket score if chances had gone in, very impressive debuts from Valery and Ingelsson with Bannan again pulling the string in midfield.

12 hours ago, owl.66 said:

Nope,  niether was I impressed with Preston ,but the Owls where  dominant & Plymouth where poor ,but you can only beat what's in front of you & personally the score line flattered 

The score line flattered? I don’t know what game you were watching.

wednesday had 30 attempts at goal in 90mins. Plymouth had 5 (of which was 1 was on target).

Wednesday completely dominated throughout - the score line flattered Plymouth if anything.

• Like 1

Plymouth were awful let’s face facts ,  but the crowd of 30,000 (only 1500 away ) was outstanding for a match on TV . I can see sell outs on the horizon l let’s hope that they find a way to open all areas of the stadium.