Where did they get them hats ?

1 hour ago, geared said:

Considering the mass brawls that can erupt at the races, you'd expect a decent number of coppers to be on hand.

1 hour ago, lavery549@yahoo said:

Yea right 😅

It seems where a crowd gathers many things are possible; I think these are all separate events.
Watch: Shocking footage captures mass brawl at prestigious Ascot racecourse Irish Independent

Royal Ascot racegoer left injured after brawl breaks out  Bracknell News

Fighting again on Saturday with incident at Ascot Diamond Racing

Mass brawl breaks out INSIDE Ascot with racegoers throwing punches and slaps in new footage of the violence that marred weekend meeting Mail

• Sad 1

29 minutes ago, peak4 said:

WOW ,peak4 I never realised that there were trouble at the races . Mind you , I am not into Horse racing 

On 30/07/2024 at 21:36, lavery549@yahoo said:

WOW ,peak4 I never realised that there were trouble at the races . Mind you , I am not into Horse racing 

Crikey, absolutely.

A day at the racing is a must do now for peasants and chavs all dressed up like peaky binders characters and all the lasses look the same with their fake everything's and boobs hanging out.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Al Bundy said:

Crikey, absolutely.

A day at the racing is a must do now for peasants and chavs all dressed up like peaky binders characters and all the lasses look the same with their fake everything's and boobs hanging out.

OOOOO Al , you will get in trouble now , judgemental . 🤣

5 hours ago, Al Bundy said:

Crikey, absolutely.

Has been for years. 

Whilst horse racing has the perception of exclusivity and poshness due to its connections with royalty and I'm sure still does retain some pockets of monied exclusive groups tucked away in VIP areas and their own venues....

......for the masses its just another excuse for a day out and a booze up. 

It's always being a haunt for bus loads of Primark suits and New Look ill-fitting dresses all wearing ridiculous hats whilst they spend their day lounging around on the grass in the sun, throwing a couple of quid down on the horse with the most amusing name they can find, getting tanked up on expensive beers and plastic cups of cocktails. 

Appearance is just that and clothes don't make the man.  You could take the chavviest rough arse family in the world shove them in some suits and they would have the appearance of being respectable.   Equally, a man could walk into the poshest bar in town, wearing some baggy jeans and threadbare t-shirt who turns out to be extremely wealthy, well educated and civilised. 

• Like 3

My paternal grandma always used to dress like Hyacinth Bouquet. Cashmere twin sets or silk blouses, a nice little suit from Jaeger or Windsmoor, or a dress with a matching jacket. Expensive Italian shoes with matching handbags, a pearl necklace naturally, and her outfits were never complete without a matching hat or silk scarf, and of course the matching gloves. One day we’d gone out into Derbyshire for Sunday lunch at a pub, and were in a crowded, hot bar waiting for our table to come free. Suddenly grandma passed out and crashed to the floor. We brought her round and asked her what had happened, to which she replied “I realised that I was going to faint, and so I adjusted my hat.”  Now most people, if they thought they were going to faint, would call out for fresh air, or a chair and a glass of water…. But not grandma. If she was going to faint, with all eyes on her, she was going to do it looking stylish with her hat firmly in place! 

• Haha 1