Red House ,Solly Street

Used to go regularly, and play for the darts team back in the early 80's when Kath and Mick O'Sullivan ran it.

Went quite a few times  before that when Eileen Shannon was landlady.                                                                                                                                            

• Like 1

There are no good/interesting pubs due to there being no good/interesting people to patronise them, it’s the people that were interesting, not the pubs. I used to frequent a pub that is now apartments with a block of houses in what was the car park.

I used to go in a couple of lunchtimes each week when I worked around the corner in the early 70's, for Francis Colley Ltd, on Garden Street. I also visited The Red House(Wards)in the early 90's when Thelma (from Strabane) and Bill ran it.

My last visit to The Red House was during Tramlines a few years ago. On that early evening I watched(and heard)a Sheffield band called Dynosis(sp.), a trio including a female vocalist.

Later that evening I went to the Leadmill to watch(and listen)to the famous Dutch band, Focus, who happen to be long time aquaintances of mine. A great evening for me.

Both gigs were entry free.

I preferred the Tramlines set up in those days with bands performing at various venues, as opposed to the expensiveHillsborough Park thing nowadays. The 'old' Tramlines thing brought trade to pubs which helped keep them in business.

• 3 weeks later...