Demonstrations, Riots and Disorder Across the UK Following the Southport Attacks

Oh dear...

Violent clashes have broken out between protesters and police after a large crowd gathered outside a mosque in Southport.

Footage of the incident posted on social media showed missiles being thrown with men in balaclavas being chased by police armed with batons.

Several men were shoved backwards by police as crowds surrounded a fleet of police vans. 

It comes as tensions run high in the town following yesterday’s stabbing attack, in which three children were killed while attending a Taylor Swift themed yoga and dance workshop in Southport on Monday lunchtime.

Police riot vans and officers are standing guard outside the mosque, amid chants of “No surrender!” and “English till I die!” from sections of the crowd.

Yvette Cooper, the home secretary, earlier warned against using the killing of three schoolgirls to “stir up division” after the Southport stabbings. A police helicopter has been heard overhead and riot police have reportedly been deployed.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2024/07/30/southport-attack-live-children-injured/

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, The_DADDY said:

Oh dear...

Violent clashes have broken out between protesters and police after a large crowd gathered outside a mosque in Southport.

Footage of the incident posted on social media showed missiles being thrown with men in balaclavas being chased by police armed with batons.

Several men were shoved backwards by police as crowds surrounded a fleet of police vans. 

It comes as tensions run high in the town following yesterday’s stabbing attack, in which three children were killed while attending a Taylor Swift themed yoga and dance workshop in Southport on Monday lunchtime.

Police riot vans and officers are standing guard outside the mosque, amid chants of “No surrender!” and “English till I die!” from sections of the crowd.

Yvette Cooper, the home secretary, earlier warned against using the killing of three schoolgirls to “stir up division” after the Southport stabbings. A police helicopter has been heard overhead and riot police have reportedly been deployed.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2024/07/30/southport-attack-live-children-injured/

Disgusting . 

• Like 1

I do know that there when the PM went up to Southport to thank the emergency services a small but very vocal minority of the public shouted "shame on you" at him.

We still don't know whether this is mental ill health related, but sadly the mob have made up their minds

• Sad 1

4 minutes ago, Al Bundy said:

Absolute idiots, why are they attacking the police?

Disgraceful.

It is disgraceful. Especially as it's the police and other emergency workers who have to deal with the bloodshed and the raw emotion from the families directly affected.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Mister M said:

I do know that there when the PM went up to Southport to thank the emergency services a small but very vocal minority of the public shouted "shame on you" at him.

We still don't know whether this is mental ill health related, but sadly the mob have made up their minds

Please don't have anyone jumping to conclusions that this is all locals.
At least one fake name was been circulated yesterday, and later promoted by various bad actors for personal/political/religious reasons.
This has been amplified by various extremist groups; some of it I've followed, so if I'm aware then the police, local and national, as well as security service(s) will be aware too.
It's not as if the local police and people of Southport don't have enough on their plate at the moment.
Out of respect, I'll refrain from posting anything on this thread.

• Like 2