Demonstrations, Riots and Disorder Across the UK Following the Southport Attacks

50 minutes ago, Delbow said:

I would agree he hasn't directly spread disinformation but I don't think he's given an opinion. He hasn't said 'this was terror related' or 'I think this was terror related and the security services are lying'. He's used insinuation to try to cast doubt on what those in the know have told the public. You might think that kind of behaviour is fine and what we should expect from an MP, I don't.

But he might be right.

Hey, I am no fan boy of Farage trust me, but there's an agenda to make out he is the devil reincarnated.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Al Bundy said:

So basically he is just giving his opinion like everyone else.

He hasn't spread any disinformation.

But he isn't in the same position as everyone else; he's an elected official, who seems to be trying to undermine a current live investigation, by suggesting/complaining that information is being withheld. He does mention that some reports suggest that the attacker was being monitored by security services; from everything I've seen thus far, that allegation is from the fake news story, so why is he introducing it here? (unless he genuinely knows something not in the public domain, but if he does, why is he introducing it here?)

Yes some information is being withheld, but that's right and proper at this stage, which as an experienced politician, and ex MEP, he well knows.
At least he should know it, though Tice amongst others have shown their ignorance in writing of how the system works. See the link at the end re. his letter about Harehills

I did provide an earlier link why info is distributed in a particular way and also why the use of the word terrorism id sometimes avoided, particularly in the early stages of an investigation.
Some folk may have missed it with all the previous bickering, so here's the link again; all of it needs reading, not just my italicised introduction.
https://threadreaderapp.com/thread/1818201403715621014.html

Because of the misinformation about the horrific attack in Southport, I am going to use this thread to give factual information on how mass stabbings are investigated and what the involvement of counter-terrorism police means

These are general processes not specific to this case 
In cases of all kinds, police are banned from identifying suspects who have been arrested until they are charged with an offence

If the suspect is under18, they have automatic anonymity. It lifts when they turn 18, unless further restrictions made, or when a judge orders it 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Al Bundy said:

But he might be right.

Hey, I am no fan boy of Farage trust me, but there's an agenda to make out he is the devil reincarnated.

It’s a pretty weird way of pursuing an agenda against him.

He’s hardly off the mainstream political programmes. His exposure is hugely disproportionate to his party’s electoral performance. Nobody pressurises him to give details of his party’s policies, or to confront the consequences of carrying them out.

He basically gets a free pass from all political commentators  to carry on with his rabble rousing.

• Like 2

I get that Neil Basu might not be everyone's favourite person, but this article does make for credible reading
Former counter-terror chief accuses Farage of inciting Southport violence  Guardian
Neil Basu says Reform UK leader is ‘creating conspiracy theories’ by questioning whether truth is being ‘withheld’

Not just the Guardian and Basu by any means, this one is from The Independent via Archive .ph though there are many other articles

Nigel Farage risks fomenting violence and hate by pandering to the mob
The thuggery foisted upon those grieving in Southport is unacceptable, writes Sean O’Grady. People have had enough of fringe right-wing groups – and opportunistic politicians – capitalising on tragedies to further their divisive agenda

5 hours ago, Al Bundy said:

Nope - just a small minded bigot.

Well, the met police are currently walking the streets assaulting women, children and men. 

I'd post a video but due to the divisive reputation of the uploader the video wouldn't get discussed, only the person who posted it would be but I'd suggest anyone who's interested search on X. It's easily found 👍

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Mateo said:

It's not good to hear the disorder is spreading to other areas.  Hartlepool has been mentioned. 

Not hanging monkeys again I hope.

Been watching on tick tock live. Gangs  of feral youths  in Hartlepool, mainly 10 to 18 years old pelting the riot police with anything they could lay their hands on . Plod was showing remarkable restraint, bet they felt like battering them .