Demonstrations, Riots and Disorder Across the UK Following the Southport Attacks

Another example of the dangers of misinformation.
Yesterday we has issues at an asylum hostel of some sort in Manchester, which apparently did involve children among the aggressors;
Protest in Manchester erupts into scenes of violence as man dragged off bus and rocks and bottles pelted at police   MEN
The chaotic scenes spilled into Oldham Road as Tactical Aid Unit officers raced to the scene

And now;
Lee Anderson’s illegal immigrants post spectacularly backfires  TLE
The Reform UK MP suspected a local Travelodge was housing illegal immigrants. Turns out it was international NHS nurses and their families on holiday.

Anderson took to social media on Wednesday (31/7) in response to concerns that the Travelodge in Sutton in Ashfield was housing people who had entered the country illegally, saying:

“I do not want groups of young men who have entered our country illegally roaming our streets. It is not racist or bigoted to say this. I love my constituency and will do whatever it takes to protect it.”

But he was forced to send an immediate correction after it transpired that the people staying in the hotel were international NHS nurses.

33 minutes ago, Prettytom said:

Why is his name so important to you?

If he’s guilty of this hideous crime, then he deserves to rot in jail forever, regardless of his name, or any other characteristic that bothers you.

Won't he have to give his name in court?

1 hour ago, peak4 said:

Another example of the dangers of misinformation.
Yesterday we has issues at an asylum hostel of some sort in Manchester, which apparently did involve children among the aggressors;
Protest in Manchester erupts into scenes of violence as man dragged off bus and rocks and bottles pelted at police   MEN
The chaotic scenes spilled into Oldham Road as Tactical Aid Unit officers raced to the scene

And now;
Lee Anderson’s illegal immigrants post spectacularly backfires  TLE
The Reform UK MP suspected a local Travelodge was housing illegal immigrants. Turns out it was international NHS nurses and their families on holiday.

Anderson took to social media on Wednesday (31/7) in response to concerns that the Travelodge in Sutton in Ashfield was housing people who had entered the country illegally, saying:

“I do not want groups of young men who have entered our country illegally roaming our streets. It is not racist or bigoted to say this. I love my constituency and will do whatever it takes to protect it.”

But he was forced to send an immediate correction after it transpired that the people staying in the hotel were international NHS nurses.

"I do not want groups of young men who have entered our country illegally roaming our streets. "

Who even roams anyway? Seen anyone out roaming lately? I bet no-one has. I personally haven't roamed since about 2001 - can't be doing with it anymore. 

I see the wider left that congregate around STW,, Stand up to raciscm, etc(SWP fronts) Palestine, are planning large counter protests against the emerging new fash groups

(though many who march are not) k, but here's a thought: why not also march for basic issues: like against the housing crisis and the lack of social housing,

the rentier economy, the huge economic inequalities that poison communities and tuirn against each other.Then yes, what is increasingly looking like a

contraction of the welfare state(pace Osbourne) by the new Gov't.

The far left is largely funded by ageing Trots that dominate the movements, with their sour Third Worldism,  while the New New Left and Students are fixated on Identity as well.They use the rallies etc, to recuit gullible youngsters to their

sects and is some cases much woprse.

They see working class(who they once saw as the agents of change)  as racists, thickos, etc, and have basically abandoned them . There have been no mass marches etc on the above , since the TUC one in London in 2012.

• Like 1

^ I can see it's a topic you're genuinely invested in, but I'm struggling to see the relevance to the thread or topic. Seems like a hobby horse that you're trying to shoehorn in tbh.

I am saying abandoning the working class and the poor is poisoning communities, allowing other groups to speak for them, mobilise them. Don't you think people see all the marches for palestine, etc

and wonder 'where are they for me,' as they get evicted to make way for gentrification, as many many have here in Sheffield

Oh ,and you are doing the classsic left tactic of trying to shut down discussion on wider but salientc iissues, instead of taking on the arguments.

Oh, and you haven't got a 'bee in your bonnet' about bacially open borders, etc...

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Delbow said:

"I do not want groups of young men who have entered our country illegally roaming our streets. "

Who even roams anyway? Seen anyone out roaming lately? I bet no-one has. I personally haven't roamed since about 2001 - can't be doing with it anymore. 

Any excuse to share a video of the B-52s!!!

A

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, SheffieldForum said:

The judge has lifted restrictions and the attacker has been named for those desperate to know:

Axel Rudakubana.

Doesn't sound Muslim enough to placate those desperate know the name.