Demonstrations, Riots and Disorder Across the UK Following the Southport Attacks

9 minutes ago, Jim Hardie said:

Always worth another giggle and some great comments.

What an absolute dipstick.

However, be careful of these white tracky wearing plankton, they are the biggest danger to us and are terrorists, not the folk blowing us to smithereens and stabbing children.

The fact is that every one of my Muslim or non-British neighbours is worth 50 of tracksuit man's sort, in terms of what they contribute to our society. And while his ilk have Tommy Robinson as their hero, I admire people like Leanne Lucas who was stabbed multiple times defending the children from the attacker. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Delbow said:

The fact is that every one of my Muslim or non-British neighbours is worth 50 of tracksuit man's sort, in terms of what they contribute to our society. And while his ilk have Tommy Robinson as their hero, I admire people like Leanne Lucas who was stabbed multiple times defending the children from the attacker. 

Of that I have no doubt.

2 minutes ago, Al Bundy said:

Of that I have no doubt.

I think it's obvious that there are idiots and bigots of all communities / races / ethnicities / religions and beliefs in the UK and that the best thing we can do is sideline them as much as possible, while promoting their opposites. Personally, I think the biggest problem we have is that the business model for social media companies is to always amplify and promote the most idiotic and bigoted people, because that's what generates the most profit.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Delbow said:

I think it's obvious that there are idiots and bigots of all communities / races / ethnicities / religions and beliefs in the UK and that the best thing we can do is sideline them as much as possible, while promoting their opposites. Personally, I think the biggest problem we have is that the business model for social media companies is to always amplify and promote the most idiotic and bigoted people, because that's what generates the most profit.

Social media is the beginning of the end, it's absolute poison and is turning everyone against each other, folk who would probably get on if they met in person.  I

I am on completely the opposite side politically to you and a couple of others on here, Mister M being one and regardless of our heated discussions I know we would enjoy a beer together and come away thinking what a sound person they are.

I can't actually see proper civil disorder on a grand scale because of it but it wouldn't surprise me.

Anyway, enough of niceties.....

You xxxxxxx leftie do gooder, it's all your fault!😉😉

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Yeah I really worry where social media is leading us. I've taught my kids to be really wary of it and they don't actually use it, which is probably one of things I'm most proud of as a parent.

46 minutes ago, Al Bundy said:

What an absolute dipstick.

However, be careful of these white tracky wearing plankton, they are the biggest danger to us and are terrorists, not the folk blowing us to smithereens and stabbing children.

Tiktok seem to be stirring up trouble,  can the government ban it?

13 minutes ago, cressida said:

Tiktok seem to be stirring up trouble,  can the government ban it?

Some jurisdictions (e.g. USA) are considering a ban but only because they are worried about it being used to gather data for the Chinese government, not because of its generally destabilising influence.

• Thanks 1