Demonstrations, Riots and Disorder Across the UK Following the Southport Attacks

4 minutes ago, peak4 said:

It's probably more sensible than asking folk to turn up with masks and baseball bats.
Hopefully everyone attending will heed his request.
Still on his Facebook page though
image.png.27f943729b6af63e94ad3a4ae70262b3.png

image.png.1e5d13bdad0afc64b2c00fead4b49d82.png

image.png

Either an escaped mental patient or a government plant.

No one can be that thick. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Mister M said:

It is interesting how some people of a certain mindset buzz round certain issues - she probably thinks she's being trendy being a libertarian

I didn't get chance to add this before, but she seems to be an associate of James Melville
An interesting Character, and also an occasional author at Bylines https://bylinetimes.com/author/jamesmelville/
image.png.7a4e241ee65ffe436fb15590f5477d05.png

This was her previous account before the one she's currently set as protected
Revealed: The Climate Denial Network Behind ‘Classic Astroturf’ Farmers’ Campaign
Producers say ‘No Farmers, No Food’ is a populist initiative that serves to “whip up indignation and anger”.

Sporting a distinctive black and yellow tractor logo, the campaign’s hashtag trended on X a week after its launch on 23 January. Its founder James Melville told DeSmog that the campaign, which claims to represent the voices of farmers, plans to target national and local legislation on issues like pricing and food security as well as “aspects of net zero”.

James Melville is a PR consultant who has appeared as an anti-lockdown campaigner on right-wing broadcaster TalkTV and a farming commentator on GB News. A former journalist who grew up on a livestock and arable farm, he said he started the campaign to put “pressure on governments to help farmers … and shape the messages that will build public support”. 

But while Melville’s campaign claims to speak for farmers, arable and livestock farmer Joe Stanley says the initiative does not represent his industry.

“There is massive discontent in the farming community,” he said. “But this does not seem to be a farmer-generated movement.”

“Populism whips up indignation and anger,” Stanley added. “That is what ‘No Farmers, No Food’ is doing, clearly with the hope of creating a wider movement as we’ve seen in Ireland and Holland.”

Journalist Peter Geoghegan, author of ‘Democracy for Sale: Dark Money and Dirty Politics’, said that ‘No Farmers, No Food’ had “all the hallmarks of a classic astroturf campaign” – a supposedly ‘grassroots’ campaign that provides a front for political or commercial interests. 

I spent some time in Southport more years ago than I care to remember, however what I do recall is that it was a very civilised place where many wealthy Blackpool business owners chose to live. Why riot in Southport? comes readily to mind, their lack of police would only be a temporary issue, it’s location doesn’t ring any alarm bells, answers on a postcard. :huh:

7 hours ago, The_DADDY said:

The organiser of an anti-immigration protest in Rotherham has asked followers “with violent or racial intent” to stay away.

Connor McAllister of Wath said police had told him anyone inciting violence or racial chanting on Sunday would be arrested.

Another event is planned on the same day in Sheffield prompting anti-fascist groups, including Rotherham TUC and Sheffield Stand up to Racism, to organise counter protests.

Sheffield councillor Minesh Parekh posted the details adding: “Fascists are trying to mobilise in Sheffield this weekend. Join the unity rallies to stop the far right!”

https://www.thestar.co.uk/news/crime/event-organiser-begs-racial-or-violent-protesters-to-stay-away-4728291?fbclid=IwY2xjawEbno9leHRuA2FlbQIxMQABHVW-eGtqPCYoUK3LXMIt-WfqBPz7URzyYTCNRagBgqoeGDNruYEXfLHk8Q_aem_C-zj-vmoDoZlAzLRBKvBAg

Doesn't look to have had much of an effect, protest still turned violent.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/articles/ce4qq5pejvyo

34c9a530-51b7-11ef-a8f7-0db5fd6d7e81.jpg

78052060-51bf-11ef-8945-fd1fa810f5a8.jpg

6 hours ago, Sierra said:

Only one possible answer as far as you're concerned.  What would that be, I wonder?  Anyone who says skin color doesn't matter, or "they don't see color" is a damned liar as far as I'm concerned. EVERYONE sees skin color.  It tells you something about that person. Not everything, something.  What their ethnicity is, which is not the same as nationality. 

Some people enjoy talking about where their ancestors came from. Some don't care. Some avoid it. Some are desperate to fit in, some enjoy being a bit different. I've learned some fascinating things by talking to others about their family history and personally, love these stories. 

This is for the complainers in general, you know who you are. 

I noticed earlier on the Trump thread (which I was enjoying reading and getting a laugh out of) the moderator said that there were so many complaints, they could hardly keep up. Actually, the moderator has said this more than once concerning other threads. Complaints? COMPLAINTS?!!!  About WHAT?! If someone says something you don't like or you disagree with, you have three choices. 

1. You can reply.

2. You can log off and go do something else. 

3. You can ignore it. 

Who are the namby pamby, whiny  babies who are complaining?!  I'd really like to know, though I have a pretty good idea who.  I'm assuming everyone posting here is grown?  Have some consideration for the moderators time and save your complaints for the really out of control profanity or obscenity.  This forum is going to the dogs. AGAIN!

I understand where you are coming from with this and partly agree.

What I find depressing is that is nigh on impossible for many people to raise any sensible, genuine concern about immigration with getting jumped on with accusations they are ‘anti immigration’ and thick, and that they don’t like black and brown people and are racist.  So they are shut down.  It happens constantly and taking this approach will not turn our whole society into one big, happy multicultural melting pot. The truth is that a relatively sudden influx of people from different cultures into areas that are already deprived is never going to be easy.  Pretending problems don’t exist and shutting them down does not make them go away, it makes them fester.  Work should be done to help integration; and this should work both ways.

• Like 2

58 minutes ago, redruby said:

What I find depressing is that is nigh on impossible for many people to raise any sensible, genuine concern about immigration with getting jumped on with accusations they are ‘anti immigration’ and thick, and that they don’t like black and brown people and are racist.  So they are shut down.  It happens constantly and taking this approach will not turn our whole society into one big, happy multicultural melting pot. The truth is that a relatively sudden influx of people from different cultures into areas that are already deprived is never going to be easy.  Pretending problems don’t exist and shutting them down does not make them go away, it makes them fester.  Work should be done to help integration; and this should work both ways.

You've mentioned sensible and genuine concerns about immigration a lot. What do you think are the not-sensible and non-genuine concerns that people express?

1 hour ago, redruby said:

It's refreshing to read a post which shows common sense and a balanced argument instead of the usual insults against people like Nigel Farage, Richard Tice and anybody else who doesn't think decades of mass immigration has been good for this country. I don't think the integration that you hope for can ever happen. The word multicultural means a lack of integration with different and incompatible cultural attitudes existing side by side creating a lack of harmony. Expecting people from all over the world with different cultural attitudes to come here and suddenly adopt British attitudes is like putting a dog into a stable and exciting it to turn into a horse.

• Like 1