Demonstrations, Riots and Disorder Across the UK Following the Southport Attacks

3 minutes ago, Slighty batty said:

I’m reading about the Rotherham riot and it says some parents had taken their children with them, and that there were kiddies throwing stones at the police. What kind of parent would take their child anywhere near a riot?! Mind boggling.

Similar to what has been reported in Sunderland. It became a spectator event and ended up a good night out for those spectating. 

5 minutes ago, Padders said:

The Genie has well and truly left the bottle now!

not enough officers on the ground,  maybe they could authorise tear gas, or in the old days in NI the Army and baton rounds, u.k is soft compared to Governments abroad.

personally for a softer option Farb Gel which I've used in the past works a treat for identifying someone post incident.

Davis Pepper Spray GIF 

Just now, High Chaparral said:

Tamworth is the latest place where trouble has taken place.  Hotels accommodating migrants are being targeted in a number of locations. 

Yup. Some videos were posted a few pages back 

It's grim stuff.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, The_DADDY said:

Copy and paste by Peak4 I think.

Correct yes, otherwise was difficult to highlight text, particularly when referring to another since deleted post.
There should have been an initial explanatory line, but for some reason it didn't show, so I must have deleted it in error, and not spotted in the preview pane before posting.
Essentially it seems we have someone suggesting that it's right to call out racist posts, but complaining when they do.
It's sometimes difficult to work out exactly what agenda(s) are at play.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Slighty batty said:

I’m reading about the Rotherham riot and it says some parents had taken their children with them, and that there were kiddies throwing stones at the police. What kind of parent would take their child anywhere near a riot?! Mind boggling.

An early radio report I heard mentioned family groups with children, who'd been shopping in the adjacent Aldi, hanging around as spectators. If it had been me, I would have hightailed it out of there pronto.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Slighty batty said:

Indeed, it seems to be a spectator sport.
The arrest for torching a police car (Sunderland??) was an 11 year old according to police reports.

The Police have issued a formal statement re Manvers; some commentators on here seem to disagree with the bit I've underlined.

Update following disorder in Rotherham  SYP

Earlier today (4 August), several of our officers were injured during deplorable acts of violence outside the Holiday Inn Express Hotel in the Manvers area of Rotherham.

We absolutely condemn the scenes of disorder we witnessed, with a total of around 700 people in attendance in Manvers Way earlier today.

“The behaviour we witnessed has been nothing short of disgusting.

While it was a smaller number of those in attendance who chose to commit violence and destruction, those who simply stood on and watched remain absolutely complicit in this.

Those who choose to spread misinformation and hate online, also need to take responsibility for the scenes today.

This was not a protest, just angry people, reacting to a false narrative, shared by people who have their own motivations for doing so.