Demonstrations, Riots and Disorder Across the UK Following the Southport Attacks

3 minutes ago, High Chaparral said:

A meaningless gimmick.  Action is needed to deter others from joining in the rioting and lawlessness from spreading.

I'm sorry I just thought it looks nice😊. Yes we need to stop rioting before it gets worse. I'm going into Sheffield tomorrow and I'm a bit worried now. 

8 minutes ago, Thug Life said:

I'm sorry I just thought it looks nice😊. Yes we need to stop rioting before it gets worse. I'm going into Sheffield tomorrow and I'm a bit worried now. 

Don't be worried. We had a peaceful protest here in Sheffield today, against the violence.

Sheffield4Aug2024.png

• Like 2

1 minute ago, horribleblob said:

Don't be worried. We had a peaceful protest here in Sheffield today, against the violence.

Sheffield4Aug2024.png

It's the groups of men roaming the streets looking for trouble that worries her. With any luck they'll have got bored, gone home and it won't happen again but you never know these days. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, cressida said:

That's a great photo of a peaceful protest needs keeping to show people how to behave (especially the young ones).

Agreed. It's just a shame a group of thugs beat a man senseless a bit later on just round the corner.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

6 minutes ago, horribleblob said:

Sheffield4Aug2024.png

Unfortunately there were a couple of incidents later at least; one seemed to involve the guy with the flag, who was on the receiving end, and one somewhere near the museum pub that I saw footage of.
I don't know who started either of them, but still not good for what started out so well as a demo against violence etc. as originally shown in the photo above.
I hope some of the peaceful protesters came to assist those who were assaulted, regardless of their reason for being there.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, peak4 said:

Unfortunately there were a couple of incidents later at least; one seemed to involve the guy with the flag, who was on the receiving end, and one somewhere near the museum pub that I saw footage of.
I don't know who started either of them, but still not good for what started out so well as a demo against violence etc. as originally shown in the photo above.
I hope some of the peaceful protesters came to assist those who were assaulted, regardless of their reason for being there.

In one of the incidents it did look like members of the public tried to intervene but the police were there sharpish anyway.

• Like 4

44 minutes ago, Thug Life said:

😲

Who does that? 

She doesn't have a banner and is not throwing stones, maybe they were just on their way home?

It's easy to add 2+2 and get 5

I had someone on Facebook quoting the Bible, Deuteronomy 28, New International Version, Blessings for Obedience :)

It's not funny, it's serious.