Demonstrations, Riots and Disorder Across the UK Following the Southport Attacks

3 minutes ago, Anna B said:

A peaceful gathering in Barkers Pool, Sheffield yesterday. 

Several hundreds of people. They don't look like young thugs to me...

Lots of OAPs

There was a couple of incidents of an attack on a single individual in Sheffield; might even be against the same one twice, I'm not sure.
Patently it shouldn't have happened.
It's a bit of a dilemma for both police, and genuine non violent protestors such as almost everyone in Barkers Pool.

Peaceful folk do have a right to stand up and be counted against racism etc, and were instrumental in the demo at the Liverpool Mosque, where the anti-Islam group were outnumbered something like 10:1 without any violence or arrests; refreshments were however supplied to all parties and a dialogue followed, hopefully long term constructive.
https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/article/2024/aug/03/love-will-prevail-how-a-far-right-rally-in-liverpool-was-defused

On the other hand, a potentially large gathering in Sheffield demanded a suitably large police presence, which might have depleted the officers available for the expected riot at Manvers.
Only half a dozen of the other group turned up in Sheffield, five more than Doncaster by the sound of it, but the police probably weren't aware of numbers in advance.
Statement from Assistant Chief Constable Lindsey Butterfield in response to disorder in Rotherham

"It began yesterday around 11.30am, when a group of 250 arrived in the Manvers area of Wath-upon-Dearne. A further group of around 500 people arrived shortly after, who we believe held far-right and anti-immigration views.

"At the same time, a large crowd began to gather in Sheffield city centre, diverting a number of force resources.

"It was at this point, we began to see an escalation in violence in Wath. Hotel windows were smashed, and there was a concerted effort to cause damage to the interior and serious harm to those inside.

4 minutes ago, Heorot said:

How many knife and machete wielding Muslims on the streets of Bolton were arrested? you got it...none!

I don't know how much of this report refers to Bolton; are you able to enlighten us please?
Update following policing operation for protest activity around Greater Manchester  GMP

Greater Manchester Police ran a dedicated policing operation over the course of this weekend, 3-4 August 2024, strategically working with partners and protest organisers to facilitate peaceful and lawful protests.

Officers made five arrests on Saturday and a further fourteen arrests on Sunday in relation to offences for being drunk and disorderly, possession of a weapon, assault, criminal damage, and violent disorder.

A dedicated team of officers are currently working to bring charges against those arrested and investigators are carrying out work to identify further offenders who will become subject of police action:

15 minutes ago, Heorot said:

How many knife and machete wielding Muslims on the streets of Bolton were arrested? you got it...none!

We've seen so many lies from your side over the last week that even if there was evidence of a) Muslims with blades and b) arrests because of a), you would just allege there were more that weren't arrested, without any evidence, i.e. lies.

19 minutes ago, Heorot said:

1. It isn’t a competition. 

2. The arrest figures have been published.  They aren’t broken down into faith groups, so your claim is stupid.

3. Why are you bothered about the religion of the thugs being arrested? I think that most right minded people would like to see them all locked up.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Delbow said:

We've seen so many lies from your side over the last week that even if there was evidence of a) Muslims with blades and b) arrests because of a), you would just allege there were more that weren't arrested, without any evidence, i.e. lies.

he/she is just weaving a web of mis-information, not even any if (butts) or maybes 

Fox News Trump GIF by Noise Nest Network

9 minutes ago, Prettytom said:

3. Why are you bothered about the religion of the thugs being arrested? I think that most right minded people would like to see them all locked up.

Because Muslims now fulfill the same role as Jews did in 1930s Germany, for some people.

25 minutes ago, Delbow said:

Because Muslims now fulfill the same role as Jews did in 1930s Germany, for some people.

Imagine if some people spoke about Jews in the way that they currently speak about Muslims.

We need to fight these vile people. 

8 minutes ago, Baz1 said:

https://www.standard.co.uk/news/politics/riots-social-media-southport-rotherham-liverpool-twitter-elon-musk-b1174760.html

As I stated before,  ppl like Musk need to take responsibility- but this jerk is fuelling the tension. 

At least I can now cross off getting a Tesla next year.

Musk isn't alone in his opinion. 

It seems to be a feeling that's growing for some. 

• Like 1