Demonstrations, Riots and Disorder Across the UK Following the Southport Attacks

1 hour ago, The_DADDY said:

He's a Sheffield lad isn't he? 

Stockport I think

1 hour ago, The_DADDY said:

Apparently he just Has been arrested.

Nice one 👍 

Hopefully that might shut Farage up about 2 tier policing for a few minutes.

Edited by Mister M
  • Like 1

So, seeing as things seem to be calming down does anyone else think there will soon be a clampdown on various social media platforms using recent events as the excuse/reason? 

• Like 2

This idea that you're not allowed to think this country should welcome refugees unless you are personally willing to put them up in your spare bedroom is just dumb and childish, and a very simplistic, 'clever'-sounding argument for stupid people who want to attack those of us with an ounce of empathy.

The real issue is successive administrations who have failed to properly deal with asylum claims, human-trafficking gangs, and investing in infrastructure to cope with an increasing population.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, The_DADDY said:

So, seeing as things seem to be calming down does anyone else think there will soon be a clampdown on various social media platforms using recent events as the excuse/reason? 

I hope things change, and things do need to change.

Even now, Musk himself has taken to his platform to spread lies and disinformation.

If there is a clamp down, it will be deserved. 

What I would like to see is people signing up to platforms using credit cards / passport ID, as a way of deterring people using it for criminal / nefarious purposes.

• Like 1

Ive said all along since Covid, tell the truth, dont spread misinformation, check yer sources, didnt yer parents tell you never to lie?

Misinformation and lies can have real world consequences, and weve seen a massive consequence this week.

Woman arrested accused of sharing 'inaccurate information' about Southport attackerpublished at 18:05

18:05

A woman has been arrested in relation to a social media post containing "inaccurate information" about the identity of the attacker in the Southport stabbings, Cheshire Police says.

The force arrested a 55-year-old woman from near Chester on Thursday on suspicion of publishing written material to stir up racial hatred and false communications.

She is currently in custody, the force says.

Chief Superintendent Alison Ross says: “We have all seen the violent disorder that has taken place across the UK over the past week, much of which has been fuelled by malicious and inaccurate communications online.

“It’s a stark reminder of the dangers of posting information on social media platforms without checking the accuracy."

• Like 4

17 minutes ago, The_DADDY said:

I think it will be talked about but nothing will happen.

Social media, without wanting to sound too melodramatic is the beginning of the end in my opinion.