Demonstrations, Riots and Disorder Across the UK Following the Southport Attacks

58 minutes ago, El Cid said:

As I have said before, I have had no trouble with repairs, but we should not base our views on personal experience. I do know a few people who had issues with damp due to the rendering/plastering.

The houses that I notice are the drug users with boarded-up windows. The council won't fix them, because the tenant is responsible.

I have recently had experience of a tenant who hasn't really lived in the house for many months, but didn't care because housing benefits paid her rent. I have my suspicions about that being common, when they hitch up with someone else.

There’s a poor old dear living in a house with boarded up windows after they got put through.  She’s been waiting weeks now. Disgusting.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, melthebell said:

This coming week should be popcorn week, last week it was the lesser charge of violent affray, this week I hear the sentences will be the big boys charge of rioting, 10 years or so, reckon most will get 7 or 8 at a guess

5 tops .

52 minutes ago, melthebell said:

This coming week should be popcorn week, last week it was the lesser charge of violent affray, this week I hear the sentences will be the big boys charge of rioting, 10 years or so, reckon most will get 7 or 8 at a guess

Nigel Farage, surely not  :)

Lammy stirring again.

David Lammy: If anyone needs to ‘integrate’, it’s the far right

https://www.thetimes.com/uk/politics/article/david-lammy-if-anyone-needs-to-integrate-its-the-far-right-xwcbq8lrx

Reminds me when he kicked off last year shouting "racist" when someone commented that absent fathers could be to blame for the spate of knife crimes between black youths, forgetting he said this in 2012:

David Lammy MP says absent fathers 'key cause of knife crime'

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-19815831

1 hour ago, alchresearch said:

Lammy stirring again.

David Lammy: If anyone needs to ‘integrate’, it’s the far right

https://www.thetimes.com/uk/politics/article/david-lammy-if-anyone-needs-to-integrate-its-the-far-right-xwcbq8lrx

Reminds me when he kicked off last year shouting "racist" when someone commented that absent fathers could be to blame for the spate of knife crimes between black youths, forgetting he said this in 2012:

David Lammy MP says absent fathers 'key cause of knife crime'

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-19815831

He has got a point.

The familiar whine amongst right wingers is that people of different cultures "don't integrate". 

How on earth can people from different cultures living here integrate with this, and would they even want to?

Violent, racist attacks have gripped several British cities. What happened,  and what comes next? | CNN

....This is interesting and will put the cat amongst the pigeons:

Elon Musk should face arrest if he incited UK rioters, says ex-Twitter chief | Elon Musk | The Guardian

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Mister M said:

He has got a point.

The familiar whine amongst right wingers is that people of different cultures "don't integrate". 

How on earth can people from different cultures living here integrate with this, and would they even want to?

Violent, racist attacks have gripped several British cities. What happened,  and what comes next? | CNN

....This is interesting and will put the cat amongst the pigeons:

Elon Musk should face arrest if he incited UK rioters, says ex-Twitter chief | Elon Musk | The Guardian

Elon is the latest figure that the left want banged up.

They will not stop until they ruin his life.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Mister M said:

Shouldn't be any different to the others who have received custodial sentences for effectively, the same thing.

Odd things about Musk:

By far the vast majority of his wealth derives from Tesla, which relies on people and government buying into climate change. Yet spreads climate miss-information.

Almost all of Tesla's profits are from government subsidies, which he claims he is against.

The vast majority of Tesla cars are bought by Democrats (over 80% of Republicans say/claim they'll never buy an electric car). Yet comes out as right wing loon.

You have to wonder how long he can continue before becoming completely toxic, to his own brands. 🙄

• Like 1