Demonstrations, Riots and Disorder Across the UK Following the Southport Attacks

1 hour ago, Bamanamanana said:

Touche! 🙄

Security at all the locations you mention isn't, and never was, exclusively about Islamic terror as you imply.

Even less so today than in the past, understandably given the source of a large proportion of threats has changed.

The big change at Uk airports I seem to remember was around restrictions on liquid in hand luggage and much more thorough bag checks (and waits!) following on from this.  I believe this did stem from an Islamist plot https://edition.cnn.com/2012/04/30/world/al-qaeda-documents/index.html

I don’t claim to be an expert in worldwide airport security but I believe this is the issue that a lot of people the UK will relate to.  

• Like 1

Just now, pfifes said:

The big change at Uk airports I seem to remember was around restrictions on liquid in hand luggage and much more thorough bag checks (and waits!) following on from this.  I believe this did stem from an Islamist plot https://edition.cnn.com/2012/04/30/world/al-qaeda-documents/index.html

I don’t claim to be an expert in worldwide airport security but I believe this is the issue that a lot of people the UK will relate to.  

Sure but that's not the only, or probably main, reason why there's security at the various places these days, as claimed.

The source of threats has widened significantly, hence "all terrorists" (or just "terrorists", as pointed out by other posters).

1 minute ago, Al Bundy said:

Why?

No one is being aggressive or rude.

What's happened to you lately, you used to be cool with a sense of humour.

Is everything ok?

True - but this current trend is highly reminiscent of the four pages of stuff he had to remove earlier.

Nothing wrong with me, ta, I still retain my sense of humour, but it is slightly above that of an infant school playground.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, RollingJ said:

True - but this current trend is highly reminiscent of the four pages of stuff he had to remove earlier.

Nothing wrong with me, ta, I still retain my sense of humour, but it is slightly above that of an infant school playground.

And you have become really grumpy.