Demonstrations, Riots and Disorder Across the UK Following the Southport Attacks

19 minutes ago, zach said:

So, between 12 and 69 years old. (That we know of)

I doubt between them ,they couldn't achieve an IQ above a 5 year old!

Yes there's problems in the country...NO, looting and rioting in the name of something they probably have no interest in understanding, or caring about deserves much more severe sentencing (IMO) They were involved for a 'laugh' and personal gain, nothing more.

It's interesting reading the defences put forward by these people's lawyers. "Fell in with the wrong crowd" seems very popular - I'm gonna go out on a limb here and suggest that if you travelled several miles to physically attack people you know nothing about, you are probably the wrong crowd. 

All-day drinking is another favourite. I don't know if it's meant to be 'relatable', like we're supposed to identify with people who drink booze all day because, well, it's a day isn't it, what else are you going to do with it? And having been drinking all day as a way of demonstrating how hard up you are because the immigrants took your job that you still somehow have (until you rioted and lost it), it was of course inevitable that you would try to set fire to a neighbouring town or city, perhaps with your two year old child in tow, because who hasn't been there? 

And some of the defences focus on the stupidity of the rioter, which can also relate to 'falling in with the wrong crowd', because they're so thick they can't help themselves apparently. "Your honour, in his defence, my client is so thick he'd make a whale omelette look like a fine crêpe", etc.

3 minutes ago, cressida said:

Some Communist no-mark living in Scotland and calling himself Yousaf Humza has threatened to sue Mr Musk because he (very correctly) called him a "Super Racist", on account of his extensively documented hatred of white people. Elon's response is to tell him "Make my day".

Humza is most definitely a racist. 

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Delbow said:

It's interesting reading the defences put forward by these people's lawyers. "Fell in with the wrong crowd" seems very popular - I'm gonna go out on a limb here and suggest that if you travelled several miles to physically attack people you know nothing about, you are probably the wrong crowd. 

All-day drinking is another favourite. I don't know if it's meant to be 'relatable', like we're supposed to identify with people who drink booze all day because, well, it's a day isn't it, what else are you going to do with it? And having been drinking all day as a way of demonstrating how hard up you are because the immigrants took your job that you still somehow have (until you rioted and lost it), it was of course inevitable that you would try to set fire to a neighbouring town or city, perhaps with your two year old child in tow, because who hasn't been there? 

And some of the defences focus on the stupidity of the rioter, which can also relate to 'falling in with the wrong crowd', because they're so thick they can't help themselves apparently. "Your honour, in his defence, my client is so thick he'd make a whale omelette look like a fine crêpe", etc.

Those types of excuses are trotted out for many other criminals on a regular basis.  It’s nothing new or exclusive to these rioters.  

Just now, pfifes said:

Those types of excuses are trotted out for many other criminals on a regular basis.  It’s nothing new or exclusive to these rioters.  

I expect you're right.

Edited by Delbow

1 minute ago, RollingJ said:

Sadly, that trait can be found anywhere - it is not specific to 'white man'.

It's not, but I'm having a wild guess that this is about another one of Musk's inflammatory outbursts; probably based on misinformation about a speech in the Scottish parliament, but he doesn't seem to care about facts of the use of a search engine.
As I recall it, the actual Humza speech/monolog, was complaining about racism, but has been widely shared out of context.
I really do wish folk would include some sort of link when making these accusations, so the rest of us know the basis of their allegations.
Scotland health minister’s speech about racial injustice and lack of diversity in politics misrepresented online Reuters

Also from his own Facebook page at the time
Some uncomfortable truths from yday's anti-racism debate in Parliament, but they have to be said and I hope heard.
My remarks were directed to my fellow Government colleagues. It is easy to point fingers at the Opposition, but we have to accept we have not done enough to advance progress for ethnic minorities who are just as Scottish as anyone else who lives here.
I see this as a personal failure and so recommit myself to making sure I work towards a fairer and more equal Scotland for all.

5 minutes ago, peak4 said:

It's not, but I'm having a wild guess that this is about another one of Musk's inflammatory outbursts; probably based on misinformation about a speech in the Scottish parliament, but he doesn't seem to care about facts of the use of a search engine.
As I recall it, the actual Humza speech/monolog, was complaining about racism, but has been widely shared out of context.
I really do wish folk would include some sort of link when making these accusations, so the rest of us know the basis of their allegations.
Scotland health minister’s speech about racial injustice and lack of diversity in politics misrepresented online Reuters

Also from his own Facebook page at the time
Some uncomfortable truths from yday's anti-racism debate in Parliament, but they have to be said and I hope heard.
My remarks were directed to my fellow Government colleagues. It is easy to point fingers at the Opposition, but we have to accept we have not done enough to advance progress for ethnic minorities who are just as Scottish as anyone else who lives here.
I see this as a personal failure and so recommit myself to making sure I work towards a fairer and more equal Scotland for all.

No I don’t think he did say ‘there are too many white people in Scotland’ as was apparently claimed.  He did however reel off a long list of people in positions of power in Scotland though, practically spitting with disgust ‘white’ at each.  

‘Statistics show that around 95.4 per cent of the Scottish population report their ethnicity as white and approximately 4.5 per cent from an ethnic minority.’  https://audit.scot/uploads/docs/report/2022/as_diversity_2022.pdf

Given that percentage one wouldn’t expect a significant percentage of ethnic minorities in the Scottish parliament.  

If a white politician had made a speech saying ‘black’ or ‘Asian’ in such a disgusted way they would (rightly) be condemned as racist.  

• Like 1