Demonstrations, Riots and Disorder Across the UK Following the Southport Attacks

Sharp dose of reality for this horrid woman

Julie Sweeney, 53, from Church Lawton, admitted a charge of sending a communication threatening death or serious harm when she appeared at Chester Crown Court this afternoon.

The court heard that Sweeney was responding to a Facebook post which showed people helping to repair the Southport mosque after it was damaged in violent disorder after the stabbings.

She wrote: “It’s absolutely ridiculous. Don’t protect the mosque. Blow the mosque up with the adults in it.”

Sweeney wiped away tears as Judge Everett jailed her for 15 months

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, Annie Bynnol said:

Another game of  'my rioter is better than yours'?

I would send both lots to Russia or similar, where they might experience what "...democracy not working" really means.

Appeasing the behaviour of vandals, looters, arsonists who set out with the intent to hurt and terrorize by comparing them to other vandals, looters, arsonists who set out with the intent to hurt and terrorize makes no sense whatsoever. As for 'Just Stop Oil'  they have been dealt with by 4/5 year sentences as  should those vandals, looters, arsonists who set out with the intent to hurt and terrorize. 

Many sections and communities feel  "...they not being listened to..." why do you use this excuse to justify vandals, looters and arsonists who set out with the intent to hurt, intimidate and terrorize?

Whoa, whoa, whoa!!  Calm down, I was only asking your opinion not advocating rioting in the streets 😂

I basically agree but I still do believe there’s an issue of people not being listened to.  I think it should be possible to say that without agreeing that rioting, violence and vandalism is OK.

8 hours ago, zach said:

Full video? Are these only on platforms like Facebook? I've seen the same fairly short one on all the news sites I've looked on. I don't use Facebook, so I can't access their content (My choice). 

I watched it some time ago.  I can’t remember what platform it was on.  I actually found it quite shocking and quite creepy in places.

2 minutes ago, pfifes said:

I watched it some time ago.  I can’t remember what platform it was on.  I actually found it quite shocking and quite creepy in places.

I can imagine!

I don't really want to watch any again, but selective and cut videos don't give the full extent of the headlines or an idea of the full news article in most cases. But with the news media we get fed, it's no surprise really.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, geared said:

Sharp dose of reality for this horrid woman

On the upside for her and the rest they are getting the luxury of a free health care on site, a nice  holiday camp , no bills to pay, gourmet meals,  all at the cost  of the Tax payer  its a win win 🤣  they're finally getting more than those they've been complaining about.

21 minutes ago, zach said:

I can imagine!

I don't really want to watch any again, but selective and cut videos don't give the full extent of the headlines or an idea of the full news article in most cases. But with the news media we get fed, it's no surprise really.

Agreed but with particular instance I didn’t find the ‘explanation’ that Humza had been misrepresented very satisfactory.  No doubt some did suggest ‘there are too many white people in Scotland’.  And I agree he wasn’t saying this in the video. However given that Scotland is approximately 95% white it shouldn’t be shocking that most senior figures in Scotland are white.  And the venomous way he practically spat ‘white’ out after each position he listed was very disturbing.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Baz1 said:

This is brilliant what Judge Linford said to rioter John Cann- who called for better use of taxpayer money rather than going into supporting refugees.

Judge Robert Linford then rounded on Cann telling him that according to his police interview he discussed with them "about the better use of taxpayers' money and why people were having to pay to keep these people in this country after committing such heinous crimes."

Judge Linford then launched a stinging rebuke,saying: "So let's look at how the taxpayer have been funding your activities over the last 38 years - let's see what you've cost the country: you've got 10 aliases, four fictitious birth dates, you're 51 years of age, you've been convicted of 170 offences, you been convicted of theft, arson, taking cars, handling stolen goods, obtaining by deception, burglary, dangerous driving and possessing bladed articles. In all over the years that you've been visiting the criminal justice system you've received sentences totalling 357 months in prison, many of them concurrent.

"In other words, nearly 30 years. That Mr Cann is what you've been costing this country and you sit there in that interview and saw fit to be critical of others. You have no right whatever to say who should or should not be in this country."

Brilliant 👏 

Thank goodness for a judge prepared to side with reality, and not the criminal.

• Like 3