Demonstrations, Riots and Disorder Across the UK Following the Southport Attacks

2 minutes ago, pfifes said:

Basically as a result of English being spoken widely across the world, particularly the USA.

English kids won’t generally get to see Dutch or French language TV or films. 

Exactly. Like I say though, the kids here in Holland are starting to learn it by absorption at a young age, which I think is a more natural way to learn a language. When you think about it a baby doesn’t say anything for ages, it just listens and lets things sink in. Then it starts to say odd words, and then form sentences. Grammar comes much much later. But when kids in British schools start to learn French etc the teacher starts off with the grammar, and getting the verbs right… expanding the vocabulary comes last. (At least that’s how it was when I was at school.) It’s the reverse of how children learn their mother tongue so I’m not surprised if some people find foreign languages hard to learn. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, The_DADDY said:

Not sure. Just saw part of a 'news' segment on TV. I'll have a look and find out. 

Dover. A group of around 4 people holding Union flags were being jeered at, verbally abused by a group of these 'anti racist' goon squads. The police had to stand in-between them.

Really - and that's an 'anti-fr right ' protest ?- gimme strength. Reminds me of that hilarious picture from Brighton last week.

Edited by RollingJ

19 minutes ago, Slighty batty said:

Exactly. Like I say though, the kids here in Holland are starting to learn it by absorption at a young age, which I think is a more natural way to learn a language. When you think about it a baby doesn’t say anything for ages, it just listens and lets things sink in. Then it starts to say odd words, and then form sentences. Grammar comes much much later. But when kids in British schools start to learn French etc the teacher starts off with the grammar, and getting the verbs right… expanding the vocabulary comes last. (At least that’s how it was when I was at school.) It’s the reverse of how children learn their mother tongue so I’m not surprised if some people find foreign languages hard to learn. 

Absolutely.  A lot could be done to improve the teaching of foreign languages in British schools.  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, The_DADDY said:

Not sure. Just saw part of a 'news' segment on TV. I'll have a look and find out. 

Dover. A group of around 4 people holding Union flags were being jeered at, verbally abused by a group of these 'anti racist' goon squads. The police had to stand in-between them.

Slightly pejorative language there; Kent Online report here;  I've no idea who publicised the anti-immigration protest, though it didn't seem to have a very large following, reminiscent of Sheffield  & Doncaster.
https://www.kentonline.co.uk/dover/news/police-in-town-centre-as-counter-protesters-expect-far-right-311517/

Among the small anti-immigration group was Dean, from Ashford, who did not want to give his surname.

“It’s people like me with families that are worried about illegal immigrants, and it’s nothing to do with race or religion, it’s about the protection and safety of our children,” he said.

“I’ve come here today because I want to see the reaction of the so-called far-left that are calling me a fascist and a racist, and as you hear we’re being absolutely surrounded by them.

We’re being bullied, recorded and called Nazi weirdos, and I’m far from that.

“They want to start, they want to cause trouble, and yet the government are supporting their narratives compared to just an upstanding British citizen that wants to support their family and Britishness.”

The demos often seems to be framed as "protecting our children" or something similar; there is a potential danger of ignoring the biggest dangers to kids by the press and activists in concentrating on a single narrative.

Protecting children from violence and sexual abuse  Stella Perrott Bylines  Read the whole article to correctly frame the last paragraph/conclusion.
How can we as a society understand the risks children face – and what can we collectively do to reduce them?

• Like 1

Regarding publicising various demos, it looks like the author(s) of the list of solicitors, charities, immigration offices etc, has possibly/partially been identified as the same person/group working towards instigating the violence in Southport; the original premise for this thread; clearly I can't vouch for the authenticity of this, though I gather a dossier has been sent to UK police.
The whole article is worth perusing and is both enlightening and quite scary in many ways, even though these extremists are very much in the minority, they can seriously influence the overall narrative here in the UK.

Mr.AG: The Mixed Race Finnish Neo-Nazi Behind the UK’s Race Riots BY RED FLARE  •  16.08.2024 [lots of screenshots in the article to back up their claims]

We can reveal that the Finnish neo-Nazi who encouraged the United Kingdom’s worst race riots for a century is Charles-Emmanuel Mikko Rasanen from Espoo, in southern Finland. Using the pseudonym ‘Mr.AG,’ Rasanen, who is just 20 years old, was behind widely-publicised arson threats to English immigration-related services.

On the encrypted messaging app Telegram, Rasanen was one of the administrators of the Southport Wake Up chat, which had 14,000 members before it was closed on 5 August.

The chat was set up following the mass stabbing in Southport on 29 July and played a key role in organising the riot which took place outside a mosque the following evening.

After a list of 39 immigration-related services in England was posted with a call for simultaneous arson attacks by one of the administrators, Rasanen used his Mr.AG account to repeatedly post a guide on how to commit arson attacks in the chat. 

The Southport Wake Up chat also included calls to murder ethnic minorities, anti-fascists and government ministers. 

One of the allegations in the story is that are  PA were aware/involved along with Mark Collett, pictured here in a Times article with a former girlfriend

image_2024-08-17_184927913.png