Demonstrations, Riots and Disorder Across the UK Following the Southport Attacks

14 minutes ago, redruby said:

It’s certainly true that many feel abandoned.  It’s unbelievable that a council house tenant in Parson Cross has had to wait over 5 YEARS to get SCC to repair an unsafe staircase.  The backlog of repairs to council properties is beyond a joke.  Perhaps people living in squalor in council houses should be put up in hotels until repairs are made by the council.

Please keep to the topic. Feel free to post about SCC repairs in the relevant thread, but let’s keep this one on track. 👍

13 minutes ago, RollingJ said:

Anyone see 'X' being 'X'ed'  soon?

It is obviously a tool for a very dangerous character.

I feel Elon Musk (and ‘X’ in general) is creating a solid argument for regulation of social media and websites.

Which is sad because it will lead to stronger regulation in other countries once the cork is out of the bottle and ultimately affect more casual sites like this one. ☹️

• Like 1

Just now, The_DADDY said:

Fair enough.

I don’t use any of them.

But what I do know is what you can quite easily google for yourself about Musks overtly influential (and slightly alarming) control of X  and it’s political persuasional stance….and Telegrams decision today to remove all messages of political and racial calls to arms.

Who would you trust?

An egotistical self-serving politically motivated overlord….or a sensible corporate entity that removes itself from unfounded disinformation & persuasion,

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, SheffieldForum said:

Please keep to the topic. Feel free to post about SCC repairs in the relevant thread, but let’s keep this one on track. 👍

I feel Elon Musk (and ‘X’ in general) is creating a solid argument for regulation of social media and websites.

Which is sad because it will lead to stronger regulation in other countries once the cork is out of the bottle and ultimately affect more casual sites like this one. ☹️

Bold - Thankyou

Italics - Exactly.

3 minutes ago, SheffieldForum said:

Musk is creating a solid argument for regulation?

Surely you  infer that Musk repels regulation?

Just now, PapaLazarou said:

I don’t use any of them.

But what I do know is what you can quite easily google for yourself about Musks overtly influential (and slightly alarming) control of X  and it’s political persuasional stance….and Telegrams decision today to remove all messages of political and racial calls to arms.

Who would you trust?

An egotistical self-serving politically motivated overlord….or a sensible corporate entity that removes itself from unfounded disinformation & persuasion,

You don't like Elon Musk, that's cool.

I like the guy personally. 

As for the rest, unless he's breaking laws then there's nothing that can really be done. If you don't like what he says then try to change the law then he'll have to comply. 

• Like 2