Demonstrations, Riots and Disorder Across the UK Following the Southport Attacks

Just now, The_DADDY said:

Yes, I'm absolutely devastated for you mate. You're only in your early 50s though right?

There could still be time. You'd look amazing in one of those wigs mate 😁

and the frock, dont forget the frock

mid 50s ill have you know

• Haha 2

Just now, melthebell said:

and the frock, dont forget the frock

mid 50s ill have you know

Mid 50s?

There's still time fella. Follow your dreams............

.........of wearing a frock and sentencing me to 200 years 🤣

• Haha 1

Just read the new stories about the "counter protests", and saw the photos of people holding signs reading "Refugees welcome".

I have to say, what brave people publicly showing that their homes are open to refugees, I applaud them offering their spare rooms and money to those in need, it's good that they've all signed up to be the first to take in the new landings.

Oh look, a flying pig😏

• Haha 3

1 minute ago, Pyrotequila said:

Just read the new stories about the "counter protests", and saw the photos of people holding signs reading "Refugees welcome".

I have to say, what brave people publicly showing that their homes are open to refugees, I applaud them offering their spare rooms and money to those in need, it's good that they've all signed up to be the first to take in the new landings.

Oh look, a flying pig😏

Do , I detect just a hint of sarcasm around here 🤣

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Pyrotequila said:

Oh look, a flying pig😏

Yes, it does make them look a bit - silly? condescending?

3 minutes ago, The_DADDY said:

Mid 50s?

There's still time fella. Follow your dreams............

.........of wearing a frock and sentencing me to 200 years 🤣

Don't worry Daddy I'd break you out of prison ❤️

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, RollingJ said:

That would be a start - although why the party his only suspended, rather than disowned and banned him, raises a  question.

Aren't people suspended then investigated and then expelled?

57 minutes ago, gamezone07 said:

this is crazy, you wopuld be going on about whataboutery if it was the other way round, you need to condemn it,

and indeed if there was any cheering, like you certainly would condemn for the fash guy doing the slit throat gesture in Rotherham.

I don't think you(and others) can though, race and looking at things through that prism, has replaced class, etc, as the ideological force.

Given that this whole saga began because of disinformation and racism I think race is an important factor. I've said nothing about class.

Yes I did see the slit throat gesture that was made to asylum seekers in hotel in Rotherham. I didn't mention it before - did you?

47 minutes ago, hackey lad said:

That ok then . 

🤭

45 minutes ago, The_DADDY said:

My bold 

Any examples?

Please share if you have 👍

Wife of Tory councillor arrested for racial hatred after calling for rioters to 'set... - LBC

There you go 

41 minutes ago, The_DADDY said:

Apparently he just Has been arrested.

Nice one 👍 

Good

41 minutes ago, redruby said:

But is kind of the point isn’t it?  If someone is white, but from a disadvantaged background, that’s tough.  It’s just tough, end of. So get on with it.  If someone is BME and disadvantaged people will perceive this as related to their skin colour.  Because of racial prejudice.  Racism isn’t just ‘racial abuse’.  It’s discrimination and stereotyping. In fact it’s mostly that.  Now white people may not suffer ‘racial abuse’ as much as BME (although it does happen).  But the poor working class most certainly experience discrimination and stereotyping.  But apparently we don’t need to concern 

ourselves with that it’s just tough.

I don't think that?

I do get ****** off though when those who rioted smashed and burned down their library - it kind of makes it hard to call for more investment into these areas when that happens, Not only that but continually run down their areas. 

I know it's a small minority that do this, but the likes of Lee Anderson who says we should negotiate with them. I just wished they had a bit more pride in their areas.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1