Demonstrations, Riots and Disorder Across the UK Following the Southport Attacks

6 minutes ago, hackey lad said:

Who named them the Farage Riots  ?

the man himself mentions it here, he also blames the Tommy Robinsons for the violence lol

for those without farcebook he says Labour, Andy Mcdonald, James obrien have all blamed him and called them the Farage Riots

https://www.facebook.com/watch/?v=473218462152904

Edited by melthebell

1 minute ago, melthebell said:

the man himself mentions it here, he also blames the Tommy Robinsons for the violence lol

for those without farcebook he says Labour, Andy Mcdonald, James obrien have all blamed him and called them the Farage Riots

https://www.facebook.com/watch/?v=473218462152904

found it on youtube

48 minutes ago, AndrewC said:

This idea that you're not allowed to think this country should welcome refugees unless you are personally willing to put them up in your spare bedroom is just dumb and childish, and a very simplistic, 'clever'-sounding argument for stupid people who want to attack those of us with an ounce of empathy.

The real issue is successive administrations who have failed to properly deal with asylum claims, human-trafficking gangs, and investing in infrastructure to cope with an increasing population.

But some of these ‘empathic’ people are quite selective about who they sympathise with.  Someone earlier in this thread said they struggle to sympathise with poor white people on council estates because they are run down and vandalised.  Oddly they don’t seem to feel the same about similar issues in predominantly ethnic minority areas like Page Hall, Pitsmoor, Fir Vale etc.  

Deprivation is the issue, not skin colour!!!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, redruby said:

But some of these ‘empathic’ people are quite selective about who they sympathise with.  Someone earlier in this thread said they struggle to sympathise with poor white people on council estates because they are run down and vandalised.  Oddly they don’t seem to feel the same about similar issues in predominantly ethnic minority areas like Page Hall, Pitsmoor, Fir Vale etc.  

Deprivation is the issue, not skin colour!!!

Quite right I said I struggled to sympathise with people who smash up resources like libraries, like what happened during the riots.

I would have no difficulty in condemning anyone who does this whatever their skin colour.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Mister M said:

Quite right I said I struggled to sympathise with people who smash up resources like libraries, like what happened during the riots.

I would have no difficulty in condemning anyone who does this whatever their skin colour.

You said this in reference to poor, white people:

“Not only that but continually run down their area.”

As if only poor, white people do that.

1 hour ago, Mister M said:

Aren't people suspended then investigated and then expelled?

Given that this whole saga began because of disinformation and racism I think race is an important factor. I've said nothing about class.

Yes I did see the slit throat gesture that was made to asylum seekers in hotel in Rotherham. I didn't mention it before - did you?

🤭

Wife of Tory councillor arrested for racial hatred after calling for rioters to 'set... - LBC

There you go 

Good

I don't think that?

I do get ****** off though when those who rioted smashed and burned down their library - it kind of makes it hard to call for more investment into these areas when that happens, Not only that but continually run down their areas. 

I know it's a small minority that do this, but the likes of Lee Anderson who says we should negotiate with them. I just wished they had a bit more pride in their areas.

I live on a lovely council estate ,  mostly nice gardens and open spaces , The houses are mostly lived in by older retired working people , Over the last 2 years the housing department have started importing  drug addicts , as well as so called immigrants illegal or not .  The houses in their possession  (apart from one lovely lass). Have deteriorated, the gardens and hedges have been allowed to go wild , These  unfortunate incomers are often to be seen smoking weed outside the property,   When the old tenants ask the housing officers why is this being allowed to  happen they reply  “ They have priority “.  So our kids and grand kids who need a place of their own are discriminated against they have no chance of getting their own place .

Think before you make the more pride in areas comments .   Many council estates are ruined by the social workers , housing officers and bloody do gooders giving priority to the poor unfortunate sods who have never done a day’s work in their lives .

They are laughing at us .

• Like 4

12 minutes ago, redruby said:

You said this in reference to poor, white people:

“Not only that but continually run down their area.”

As if only poor, white people do that.

I never suggested that only poor white people did that.

Just to clarify, I'm responding to the riots of the last 4 / 5 days which have seen many people smash up resources in poor communities like the library in Liverpool which was torched.

I was also responding to the narrative which was developing about white people constantly being portrayed as victims. 

Yes, absolutely some people in thee communities have been left behind - those with disabilities, the poorest pensioners, carers etc. What I won't do is feel sorry for thugs who take their aggression out on others who are most likely suffering more than them.

A few of the people who have been hauled up through the courts on charges of rioting and violent disorder have jobs. 

It really jars with me when they are threatening others, yet others take pity on them.