Demonstrations, Riots and Disorder Across the UK Following the Southport Attacks

23 minutes ago, cuttsie said:

I live on a lovely council estate ,  mostly nice gardens and open spaces , The houses are mostly lived in by older retired working people , Over the last 2 years the housing department have started importing  drug addicts , as well as so called immigrants illegal or not .  The houses in their possession  (apart from one lovely lass). Have deteriorated, the gardens and hedges have been allowed to go wild , These  unfortunate incomers are often to be seen smoking weed outside the property,   When the old tenants ask the housing officers why is this being allowed to  happen they reply  “ They have priority “.  So our kids and grand kids who need a place of their own are discriminated against they have no chance of getting their own place .

Think before you make the more pride in areas comments .   Many council estates are ruined by the social workers , housing officers and bloody do gooders giving priority to the poor unfortunate sods who have never done a day’s work in their lives .

They are laughing at us .

:thumbsup:

7 minutes ago, Mister M said:

I never suggested that only poor white people did that.

Just to clarify, I'm responding to the riots of the last 4 / 5 days which have seen many people smash up resources in poor communities like the library in Liverpool which was torched.

I was also responding to the narrative which was developing about white people constantly being portrayed as victims. 

Yes, absolutely some people in thee communities have been left behind - those with disabilities, the poorest pensioners, carers etc. What I won't do is feel sorry for thugs who take their aggression out on others who are most likely suffering more than them.

A few of the people who have been hauled up through the courts on charges of rioting and violent disorder have jobs. 

It really jars with me when they are threatening others, yet others take pity on them.

Who is taking pity on the rioters ? 

Just now, hackey lad said:

Who is taking pity on the rioters ? 

I'm not going to offer a precis of the conversation in this thread; suffice to say some have been talking about the white working class as if it's one homogenous group, and trendy wendies have forsaken them and their needs for the likes of asylum seekers etc.

27 minutes ago, cuttsie said:

I live on a lovely council estate ,  mostly nice gardens and open spaces , The houses are mostly lived in by older retired working people , Over the last 2 years the housing department have started importing  drug addicts , as well as so called immigrants illegal or not .  The houses in their possession  (apart from one lovely lass). Have deteriorated, the gardens and hedges have been allowed to go wild , These  unfortunate incomers are often to be seen smoking weed outside the property,   When the old tenants ask the housing officers why is this being allowed to  happen they reply  “ They have priority “.  So our kids and grand kids who need a place of their own are discriminated against they have no chance of getting their own place .

Think before you make the more pride in areas comments .   Many council estates are ruined by the social workers , housing officers and bloody do gooders giving priority to the poor unfortunate sods who have never done a day’s work in their lives .

They are laughing at us .

I'd be surprised if it was asylum seekers who were getting these properties as they don't qualify for that type of housing, and tend to get shared rooms in b&bs etc. 

With regards to the rioters not having pride in their areas, or those of other people. I stand by that comment.

I will also say that some of the scummy rioters descended on to Southport, the scene of of one of the most heinous crimes in recent years, and smashed it up. One of the mothers whose child was taken away from her, had to take time out of her grief to beg others to stop smashing up the neighbourhood. 

How rioting helps the situation is anyone's guess. 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Mister M said:

I never suggested that only poor white people did that.

Just to clarify, I'm responding to the riots of the last 4 / 5 days which have seen many people smash up resources in poor communities like the library in Liverpool which was torched.

I was also responding to the narrative which was developing about white people constantly being portrayed as victims. 

Yes, absolutely some people in thee communities have been left behind - those with disabilities, the poorest pensioners, carers etc. What I won't do is feel sorry for thugs who take their aggression out on others who are most likely suffering more than them.

A few of the people who have been hauled up through the courts on charges of rioting and violent disorder have jobs. 

It really jars with me when they are threatening others, yet others take pity on them.

I am not ‘taking pity on rioters’.  I have been clear all along  that I don’t excuse this.  But the fact is that white, working class people feel abandoned.  How would you feel if you lived in a dilapidated house on Parson Cross and spent 5 years waiting for the council to repair an unsafe staircase.  With mould and leaks.  
White people are hardly ‘constantly portrayed as victims’.  Quite the opposite I think.  More like they are blamed for council estates looking run down. Have you ever been to Page Hall or Firvale for comparison?

Rioting thugs and struggling, poor white people on council estates are not one and the same you know.  

Just now, redruby said:

I am not ‘taking pity on rioters’.  I have been clear all along  that I don’t excuse this.  But the fact is that white, working class people feel abandoned.  How would you feel if you lived in a dilapidated house on Parson Cross and spent 5 years waiting for the council to repair an unsafe staircase.  With mould and leaks.  
White people are hardly ‘constantly portrayed as victims’.  Quite the opposite I think.  More like they are blamed for council estates looking run down. Have you ever been to Page Hall or Firvale for comparison?

Rioting thugs and struggling, poor white people on council estates are not one and the same you know.  

Of course I know.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Mister M said:

I'd be surprised if it was asylum seekers who were getting these properties as they don't qualify for that type of housing, and tend to get shared rooms in b&bs etc. 

With regards to the rioters not having pride in their areas, or those of other people. I stand by that comment.

I will also say that some of the scummy rioters descended on to Southport, the scene of of one of the most heinous crimes in recent years, and smashed it up. One of the mothers whose child was taken away from her, had to take time out of her grief to beg others to stop smashing up the neighbourhood. 

How rioting helps the situation is anyone's guess. 

With respect, the person who actually lives on that council estate probably knows more about their neighbours than you do.

Its just been said, one lads just been given a 20 months detention for taking part in the Hartlepool riot on his 18th birthday, again im sure he doesnt even know the whys and why fors of refugees, immigration arguements, just out having a giggle, some fun.

Just now, redruby said:

With respect, the person who actually lives on that council estate probably knows more about their neighbours than you do.

With respect I do know that by law, if someone is subject to immigration control then you don't qualify for social housing