Demonstrations, Riots and Disorder Across the UK Following the Southport Attacks

1 minute ago, redruby said:

Well it doesn’t come across that way, when making derogatory comments about white people living on council estates.

I am white, and I live on a social housing estate :huh:

6 minutes ago, Mister M said:

With respect I do know that by law, if someone is subject to immigration control then you don't qualify for social housing

He said ‘Over the last 2 years the housing department have started importing  drug addicts , as well as so called immigrants illegal or not’.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, redruby said:

Well you should more understanding of deprivation then.

As I said above, I do have sympathy with many people who for one reason or another are deprived.

As I said much earlier in the thread since the 1980s there has been a shift away from white working classes being the sole focus of attention. This is because the rise of those different perspectives and narratives, such as those who experience racism or other forms of discrimination. 

20 minutes ago, redruby said:

But the fact is that white, working class people feel abandoned.

They may feel abandoned, but surely everyone is treated the same.

As a poor working-class white male, I didn't feel the need to march or riot.

I work and have always worked, never had a problem when it came to getting my council house repaired.

So why am I different, why didn't the likes of Nigel Farage wind me up?

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, El Cid said:

They may feel abandoned, but surely everyone is treated the same.

As a poor working-class white male, I didn't feel the need to march or riot.

I work and have always worked, never had a problem when it came to getting my council house repaired.

So why am I different, why didn't the likes of Nigel Farage wind me up?

Because you know right from wrong .

• Like 1

Re, the labour cllr, the throat slitting remarks, The convenor from SUTR used to be a full timer for SWP here in Sheff(actually quite liked her) but seeing her laughing

was really really not very nice,  (along with some others) though not many cheered, the Amnesty woman didn't know were to look, though AI has had mission creep, open borders, etc.

They(SUTR) should stick to 'Smash the Nazis' Oh, and SUTR is another SWP fornt, thats why she was convenor of the counter protest

18 minutes ago, Mister M said:

As I said above, I do have sympathy with many people who for one reason or another are deprived.

As I said much earlier in the thread since the 1980s there has been a shift away from white working classes being the sole focus of attention. This is because the rise of those different perspectives and narratives, such as those who experience racism or other forms of discrimination. 

The New Left, academics, etc, i once looked at Manchester University Sociology Dept FB page, at that point, there wasnt one mention of class at all

Edited by gamezone07