Demonstrations, Riots and Disorder Across the UK Following the Southport Attacks

3 hours ago, Mister M said:

I hope things change, and things do need to change.

Even now, Musk himself has taken to his platform to spread lies and disinformation.

If there is a clamp down, it will be deserved. 

What I would like to see is people signing up to platforms using credit cards / passport ID, as a way of deterring people using it for criminal / nefarious purposes.

My bold

And who will be doing the clamping down? What will be clamped down on? 

'Dangerous misinformation' (and who decides that?)

Or

Going against the mainstream/government narrative?

Underlined. 

So you'd be happy to give a multinational company that may not even be in this country your credit card/passport details?

What if they don't care about your privacy/security and just sell on your details or have a security breach?

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, melthebell said:

the man himself mentions it here, he also blames the Tommy Robinsons for the violence lol

Aye, the man who's been stirring up this sort of rhetoric for the last decade, who's pet project made the central issue worse, and has execerbated the very same public service failures these tools are moaning about... nothing to do with me! 🙄

You really do have to be a special kind of special to fall for it.

2 hours ago, melthebell said:

for those without farcebook he says Labour, Andy Mcdonald, James obrien have all blamed him and called them the Farage Riots

https://www.facebook.com/watch/?v=473218462152904

..and they'd right.

Can't think of an individual more up to their kneck in it than Farage ATM.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, The_DADDY said:

My bold

And who will be doing the clamping down?

The government 

What will be clamped down on? 

Lies, misinformation, propaganda 

'Dangerous misinformation' (and who decides that?)

Or

Going against the mainstream/government narrative?

No evidence of such

Underlined. 

So you'd be happy to give a multinational company that may not even be in this country your credit card/passport details?

Most likely Card Details will be enough which people provide to companies all the time, yes even overseas ones. 

What if they don't care about your privacy/security and just sell on your details or have a security breach?

There's laws against that which companies can be fined heavily for. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, The_DADDY said:

If you've ever bought anything online, ever... that ship sailed long ago.

• Like 1

Just now, Magilla said:

If you've ever bought anything online, ever... that ship sailed long ago.

Yes, very probably.  However I use my card by choice. Same deal for Sheffield Forum. I happily gave my details and subscribed. Had it been a prerequisite for joining I wouldn't have subscribed and I wouldn't have given my details.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, The_DADDY said:

Yes, very probably.  However I use my card by choice. Same deal for Sheffield Forum. I happily gave my details and subscribed. Had it been a prerequisite for joining I wouldn't have subscribed and I wouldn't have given my details.

its exactly the same for facebook, twitter etc....want to use the service, give yer card details, dont want to give yer card details, then dont use the service, its exactly the same choice DOH!

4 minutes ago, Delayed said:

The government 

Lies, misinformation, propaganda 

No evidence of such

Most likely Card Details will be enough which people provide to companies all the time, yes even overseas ones. 

There's laws against that which companies can be fined heavily for. 

Well that’s that then!… All sorted….I’m glad it’s all over.

• Like 2

Just now, melthebell said:

its exactly the same for facebook, twitter etc....want to use the service, give yer card details, dont want to give yer card details, then dont use the service, its exactly the same choice

Snipped 

My bold

Not the case when I signed up so Facebook/Twitter don't have my card/passport details. 

If they make an update where it becomes necessary to give those details to keep using the sites I won't be using them.

• Like 1

Just now, The_DADDY said:

My bold

Not the case when I signed up so Facebook/Twitter don't have my card/passport details. 

If they make an update where it becomes necessary to give those details to keep using the sites I won't be using them.

well thats your choice, like i said, its a choice to use the service or not, give your card details or not

Just now, melthebell said:

well thats your choice, like i said, its a choice to use the service or not, give your card details or not

Yes. My choice. Would you be happy for that choice to be taken away?