Demonstrations, Riots and Disorder Across the UK Following the Southport Attacks

4 minutes ago, The_DADDY said:

Yes. My choice. Would you be happy for that choice to be taken away? 

what choice is being taken away? the choices ive just mentioned is what could happen, its still a choice, you dont NEED to use facebook or X (well you might for your misinformation) so nothings being forced

Just now, melthebell said:

what choice is being taken away?

Snipped 

The choice to use some social media without giving my credit card/passport details.

I didn't need them to sign up so I don't see a need to supply them just to keep using the site.

2 minutes ago, The_DADDY said:

The choice to use some social media without giving my credit card/passport details.

I didn't need them to sign up so I don't see a need to supply them just to keep using the site.

do you understand the words Then and Now? do you understand sometimes things change? things dont always stay the same?

do you understand the words Then and Now? do you understand sometimes things change? things dont always stay the same?

You know you really don't have to be so confrontational. 

I've just asked if you'd be happy to give all those details just to sign up for some social media sites.

So, would you be happy? 

Just now, The_DADDY said:

You know you really don't have to be so confrontational. 

I've just asked if you'd be happy to give all those details just to sign up for some social media sites.

So, would you be happy? 

whos being confrontational? i asked a question, i dont know if im happy or not with it tbh, id have to see at the time if it happened, what im not happy is the amount of misinformation being bandied about online about all sorts of things, weve seen what can happen now with it in the "real" world, i do think some of those responsible on social media should be taken to task over their actions, you have freedom of speech but not the consequences of your speech.

whos being confrontational? i asked a question, 

Snipped 

It's the way you 'ask' Mel.

You're rude, you make sly digs (DOH in another post) 

"you dont NEED to use facebook or X (well you might for your misinformation) so nothings being forced" in another.

You do it frequently. I'm bored with it. Just keep it polite or ignore me yes?

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, The_DADDY said:

It's the way you 'ask' Mel.

You're rude, you make sly digs (DOH in another post) 

"you dont NEED to use facebook or X (well you might for your misinformation) so nothings being forced" in another.

You do it frequently. I'm bored with it. Just keep it polite or ignore me yes?

i do ignore you generally, ive ignored the whole "debate" for a week, but then you say something that i just cant help replying to, but then you spit the dummy out, reporting me will be the next stage :P

i do ignore you generally, ive ignored the whole "debate" for a week, but then you say something that i just cant help replying to, but then you spit the dummy out, reporting me will be the next stage :P

I'm not spitting any dummy out. 

Just keep it polite, without your unfunny sly digs and we'll get on fine.

I don't have an issue with you. You however seem to have a problem with me.  Why don't you put me on ignore?

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, The_DADDY said:

My bold

And who will be doing the clamping down? What will be clamped down on? 

'Dangerous misinformation' (and who decides that?)

Or

Going against the mainstream/government narrative?

Underlined. 

So you'd be happy to give a multinational company that may not even be in this country your credit card/passport details?

What if they don't care about your privacy/security and just sell on your details or have a security breach?

I'd much rather democratically elected governments are in control than the likes of Musk who frankly is accountable to no-one and has weird ideas.

• Like 2

Just now, Mister M said:

I'd much rather democratically elected governments are in control than the likes of Musk who frankly is accountable to no-one and has weird ideas.

Fair enough. 👍

However, even democratically electected governments get things wrong or have an agenda and worse still, they can and do lie. 

What if a clampdown isn't for the good of the people but to silence dissenters so only one narrative can be heard?