Demonstrations, Riots and Disorder Across the UK Following the Southport Attacks

Just now, The_DADDY said:

My bold

It was like that before Musk took over just slanted the other way. And before he did take over America's intelligence services had direct access, were involved in meetings, made decisions about what could be posted, what should be stiffled etc.

Surely that's a bigger worry than one 'Crazy Dude' who's rather eccentric running the show?

I've no idea about it before he took over....But it can't carry on as it is, it's like the wild west.

Personally I don't think it would be a bad thing if the lot was banned. As I said, many cannot behave responsibly enough and think it;s their libertarian right to use it to organise riots, and for Musk to think that's alright and accuse Government's of being like the stasi because they don't like rioting on their streets.

Just now, Mister M said:

I've no idea about it before he took over....But it can't carry on as it is, it's like the wild west.

Personally I don't think it would be a bad thing if the lot was banned. As I said, many cannot behave responsibly enough and think it;s their libertarian right to use it to organise riots, and for Musk to think that's alright and accuse Government's of being like the stasi because they don't like rioting on their streets.

Fair enough. I appreciate your opinion 👍

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, gamezone07 said:

Re, the labour cllr, the throat slitting remarks, The convenor from SUTR used to be a full timer for SWP here in Sheff(actually quite liked her) but seeing her laughing

was really really not very nice,  (along with some others) though not many cheered, the Amnesty woman didn't know were to look, though AI has had mission creep, open borders, etc.

They(SUTR) should stick to 'Smash the Nazis' Oh, and SUTR is another SWP fornt, thats why she was convenor of the counter protest

So should we expect Cllr Jones to be fast-tracked into jail next week?

1 hour ago, The_DADDY said:

The choice to use some social media without giving my credit card/passport details.

I didn't need them to sign up so I don't see a need to supply them just to keep using the site.

I’d like the choice to use Waitrose without giving them my card details, or my cash.

Could you sort that for me please?

Or, maybe, accept that terms and conditions apply.

Posted (edited)
1 minute ago, Prettytom said:

I’d like the choice to use Waitrose without giving them my card details, or my cash.

Could you sort that for me please?

Or, maybe, accept that terms and conditions apply.

Two entirely different things. 

Edited by The_DADDY
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Jim Hardie said:

So should we expect Cllr Jones to be fast-tracked into jail next week?

There is a good chance of that. And rightly so.

I’m interested though, Jim. Are you opposing the fast tracking of jail sentences for the rioters?

Just now, The_DADDY said:

Two entirely different things. 

Not at all.

If you use a service, you abide by the t&cs applicable at the time. 

Currently, Waitrose require you to pay for their stuff.

Indeed, if you want to get out of most of their stores reasonably promptly, they require card details from you.

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, Prettytom said:

Not at all.

Snipped 

Yes it is. Waitrose have always asked for payment. Social media hasn't always asked for id. 

Edited by The_DADDY
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Prettytom said:

There is a good chance of that. And rightly so.

I’m interested though, Jim. Are you opposing the fast tracking of jail sentences for the rioters?

Not at all, it was entirely necessary.

• Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, Mister M said:

It’s worse than that.

Twitter actively pushes right wing propaganda at people. Ridiculously so.

I’ve dumped it for just that reason. I’m fine about people writing things that I don’t agree with. I’m not fine about a website actively pumping those opinions at me, over and over again.

Musk will break Twitter in the next year. Just see.