Demonstrations, Riots and Disorder Across the UK Following the Southport Attacks

3 minutes ago, redruby said:

If you talking about wealth inequality it is very much on topic. The Guardian has published several opinion pieces which discuss this issue in relation to the riots. To quote from one article:

”To imagine that economic and social factors play no part in what has happened over the past week or so is to inhabit the farthest shores of fantasy island. To borrow a phrase, the government needs to be tough on riots, tough on the causes of riots.”

The Guardian 'commentators' are just that - to take them seriously is dangerous. What has happened since the Southport incident - why just then? - is sadly merely a 'summer madness', which we seem to suffer from on a yearly basis in this country, fuelled by 'elitists' on both fringes of the political spectrum, usefully helped by the likes of Musk, on this occasion.

18 minutes ago, RollingJ said:

Hate to reply to a distraction, but as has been obliquely hinted - by @SheffieldForum this topic appears to have been severely 're-routed' by some.

Eh, how economics and inequality can affect the growth of a far right, etc, ask weimar politicians about that(if you could)

Just now, RollingJ said:

The Guardian 'commentators' are just that - to take them seriously is dangerous. What has happened since the Southport incident - why just then? - is sadly merely a 'summer madness', which we seem to suffer from on a yearly basis in this country, fuelled by 'elitists' on both fringes of the political spectrum, usefully helped by the likes of Musk, on this occasion.

Yes, they are commenters but so are members of this forum!!  
It is ridiculous to suggest that we can’t discuss the various causes of riots.  Your opinion is that is ‘merely summer madness’.  OK.  Well my opinion is that economic and social factors have been significant (among other factors).

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, redruby said:

To borrow a phrase, the government needs to be tough on riots, tough on the causes of riots.”

well this current government havent had time to do anything to counter the past 14 years of Tory rule and if you look back, 50 or so years of Tory rule, apart from the blip in the middle with New Labour.

The Tories have always played the race / immigration card to placate people while also taking plenty of the money for themselves and their rich mates, its just the past 14 years they got complacent and started doing it in front of us without hiding it.

despite all this i also think theres an undercurrent of the right who are scared of a Labour government and things are slipping too left wing, and are trying to kill off Labour now before they start.

this pic shows the exact problem perfectly for me, the rich take all the cookies apart from one then tell us, the workers, that the forieners come to steal our single cookie, so we fight among ourselves while the rich still have all the other cookies.

453256258_1849015302285877_8595228601053691965_n.jpg

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, melthebell said:

more breaking news out today

Suspended Labour councillor charged with encouraging violent disorderpublished at 14:23

14:23BREAKING

Suspended Labour councillor Ricky Jones has been charged with encouraging violent disorder after appearing at a London counter-protest, the CPS has confirmed.

He is due to appear at Westminster Magistrates’ Court this afternoon.

Why not incitement to murder?
Perhaps the CPS didn’t think cutting throats would have that effect.

1 minute ago, Jim Hardie said:

Why not incitement to murder?
Perhaps the CPS didn’t think cutting throats would have that effect.

I dont know im not a lawyer, i do know the CPS charge people with whatever they have a chance of winning though, if theres a chance of something not being found guilty they dont charge them with it.

• Like 1

Just now, melthebell said:

well this current government havent had time to do anything to counter the past 14 years of Tory rule and if you look back, 50 or so years of Tory rule, apart from the blip in the middle with New Labour.

The Tories have always played the race / immigration card to placate people while also taking plenty of the money for themselves and their rich mates, its just the past 14 years they got complacent and started doing it in front of us without hiding it.

despite all this i also think theres an undercurrent of the right who are scared of a Labour government and things are slipping too left wing, and are trying to kill off Labour now before they start.

this pic shows the exact problem perfectly for me, the rich take all the cookies apart from one then tell us, the workers, that the forieners come to steal our single cookie, so we fight among ourselves while the rich still have all the other cookies.

453256258_1849015302285877_8595228601053691965_n.jpg

1 minute ago, melthebell said:

I dont know im not a lawyer, i do know the CPS charge people with whatever they have a chance of winning though, if theres a chance of something not being found guilty they dont charge them with it.

Good answer.

The Guardian is still not allowing comments on its Comment is Free(CIF )opinion articles on the riots, etc, the founder of CIF, the late Georgina Henry would be very very disappointed,

the thing is its very very strongly moderated anyway.

Edited by gamezone07